Welcome to Russia!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now THAT was a really weird video if you (like me) don't understand a word russian  :eek:

But congrats on landing the world cup - may it bring good things along for your troubled country..

Jakob E.

Well, Yes, and then we are surprised - why after such idiotic videos, our country develops a negative attitude?

Jakob
You even didn't like "I will survive" version? And russian pop music?  And how the movie is made? ;D
No need to understand russian, dramaturgy is simple.

korneev
I can bet you're not older than 30 and haven't traveled Russia well.  ;D Sorry for personal turn. At least I hope we all understand it's a comedy, a bit harsh but sometimes very exact.

It's all about people, who differ, but the same in their nature. With all their weakness, wildness, passion. People, I'd prefer to love not to hate.

And I will pass passges about negative attitude and troubled country. World Cup will bring us at least one good thing - I hope there will be less people, thinking in posted manner.

Russians love foreigners.  ;) I hope it will be mutually.

Enjoy watching  8)

If anyone will have time for full version with english subs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9fsASLp8UY

ungifted
You can bet, you have the right to it, but not always what you think is true. I'm 50 and I like to travel and not only in Russia, my favorite place for the soul is Abkhazia. And yet, just in case, something that seems cheerful and fun for you, another may seem disgusting.

korneev
My apologies. I hope there is no disagreement between us.

Speaking about cinema, as examlpe we can consider disgusting Lars Von Trier films, but they're about people's nature too. Just keep on drama, not the form. Behind the form is dramaturgy everyone over the world can understand.
"Сказка ложь, да в ней намёк" (a fairy tale is a lie, but it has a hint.).

PS: You can offer something you like.  We can share "Love and pigeons"...  ;)
Peace.

I watched the full movie with subtitles, thank you for posting!

I liked it, some of the cinematography, the single camera sequences, were very well shot. 

I feel like I probably missed some (many) of the cultural references, but appreciated being offered a glimpse at them.

Regards

korneev said:
Well, Yes, and then we are surprised - why after such idiotic videos, our country develops a negative attitude?
No, I loved it, A sort of modern day Russian version of Monty Python. Great fun.

Cheers

Ian

Watched the whole movie  Ungifted, really enjoyed it .
Light and dark moments ,as is life .

Being from Ireland ,which has an equally strong drinking culture, I understand the love/hate axis too.
The same tendency exists here to take a small 'suppeen' for courage and to bring out the voice .

I visited Russia way back in '96 on a third level school tour , had a great time , a few days in Moskow, then the overnight express to St Peter's ,quite a contrast between the  two cities  . The bazzaars and markets were great , but without a local guide Im sure I missed many great places for electronics . Traveling with a group was ok ,but the times I just went off on my own was more fun .Was tough to negotiate the metro systems as the cyrilic script is unprounouncable to most of us who only knew the  Roman alphabet , still though with the help of a few kind strangers I made my way safe and sound .

ungifted said:
Who's going to the World Cup?  ;D
https://youtu.be/LCVgBgABZ74

That was too AWESOME! I Shut it off after the guy's video.

The light~sabre in the swimming pool!  ;D Oh man. I think american media could learn a few good things here.

Back