What goes in the box?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rochey

White Market Member
I'm in the process of changing/designing boxes for shipping the 4 packs of edens. The USPS flat rate boxes we use are a pain, as the small doesn't take the 4x boxed edens. My shipping agent has to unbox the edens from their small cardboard boxes, then repackage them in teh USPS flat rate box.

As a consequence, I'm looking at getting a 6" x 6" x 1" box and getting a custom cutout to hold 4x Edens. Nice.

But it opens the opportunity, and the thought, of what else to bundle in the box, as an excercise in good customer service. (the warm and fuzzies, if you will).

As an example, both front panel express, and Volker with his 51x alliance throw in some candy. That's an easy one. But it left me thinking, what else would be useful/nice etc. What kind of stuff would leave a customer thinking "Oh that's pretty cool/nice/smart".

I have a few ideas already, but I'd love to hear what people think.

BTW -- It needs to be near free ;)

I recently ordered some Jeenode's ( http://jeelabs.org/ ) from a guy here in the Netherlands, those are low power Arduino compatible boards with a built in transceiver. The guy who makes them always includes some local sweets that are "perfect for midnight soldering sessions" according to him. It's not really useful in any way but it gives the package a local and personal flavor, pun intended. It helps to remind you that there is no big corporation on the other side of the transaction.

Great ideas gents!

I have some ideas brewing, based on these inputs -- I'm worried I might eat all the sweets before you get them though. What if all you got in there was an empty, used sweets bag?  ???

Following from Brians idea, I've seen some tools I can laser cut on thingyverse that might be useful.

I also LOVE the reference lookup -- you know, I'm always looking up how many nF a cap is etc, or even the resistor color code.

Any other ideas?

Trinket jewelry off eBay for a friend.

4 chocolate mints (2 flavors)

business card

thankyou note for the charity which got money

pencil (with charity name)

2 ribbons

2 gift-bags

air-bags to scare the dog

Almost didn't find the gaudy bracelet in all that.

I love the idea of a little bag of fresh roasted coffee beans.  Not practical of course unless you are a coffee nut but getting coffee in the mail is the nicest thing.

Okay... how about this little number?
It's a retooled little jig I put together for cutting long pin header strips into smaller ones for projects.

I have a laser cutter here to cut them. Might be worth it for customers spending more than $200...

Attachments

• 1379260_430068383803463_1678315146_n.jpg
    1379260_430068383803463_1678315146_n.jpg
    114.5 KB
Flash drives are getting cheaper & cheaper info & advertising could be put on em
I often see small 1 meg ones with tourism things

Latest posts

Back