What test equip do I need?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abbey road d enfer said:
Just recently I bought a Bitscope, which uses 12-bit ADC, so the trace is much cleaner.
I ise it with standard switchable 10:1/1:1 probes, which give me 120V capability. Using 100:1 probes would allow me working on tube amps.
I use it with a 10" tablet that I bought second-hand for the purpose.

The BitScope looks really nice. It doesn't seem like the Analog Discovery 2 will be available anytime soon. This looks like it will do the job. Less expensive too. It looks like the differential probe is out of stock. That would be  a nice addition. I liked that the Analog Discovery had four differential analog inputs.

I used to use a laptop but it is too big and heavy and the screen is not right where I need it to be when testing. So I just bought one of these tiny things:

Mini PC, Intel x5-Z8350 Processor 4K HD Graphics Fanless Mini Computer, 4GB/64GB Storage Support Windows 10 64-bit/Dual Band WiFi/BT 4.0/1000M LAN with HDMI/VGA Port : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

It comes with a VESA bracket so you can fix it to the back of a monitor or to the wall. I have an old monitor without VESA fittings so my little box will be fitted to the wall behind my bench. It is smaller than the Scarlette interface I use with it. It runs Windows 10 with ease and boots up in about 30 secs from it internal SSD. As well as REW, I have also loaded Kicad and LTspice onto it. I use a wireles mouse and keyboard with it.

Cheers

Ian
This an old thread, but I am considering the purchase of a mini Windows PC and the Amazon link now goes through multiple pages of products.

Ian (and anyone else)....which make/model did you choose? Thanks!

Bri

Latest posts

Back