what will replace the LM394??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ungifted said:
LM394 usually has higher hFE (300-700, with Ic=1mA)
LS313 offers 400-1000 with Ic=10uA
Usually Linear produce very good semiconductors.
BTW is it really important for diffamp to use high hFE transistor pair similar to LM394? In other words can we use something with lower hfe in preamps similar to SSL9k?
Extremely high beta is generally a characteristic of low noise transistors (and low Rbb). It is not necessary for long tail pairs but won't hurt.

JR

ps: caveat I did not look at SSL9k so speaking in general.

A company in Latvia is listing a part that looks like LM394:

http://www.alfarzpp.lv/eng/sc/AS394CH.php
"The AS394 is a junction matched monolithic NPN transistor pair with an order of magnitude improvement in matching over conventional transistor pair. " --- word-for-word from the LM394 sheet.

They also list the CEM synth-chips.

Distribution seems slim.

..but web pages says
"Copyright © 1996-2012 JSC ALFA. All rights reserved."
- and every image/text in there is unchanged since ca. 2004 judging from wayback engine.

Sent them an email, will keep you updated if they reply...

Jakob E.

Martin Griffith said:
Current gain pic of various transistors. Might be from Win's AofE, but I'm not sure
I'm guessing that's from the Third Edition (that I don't have yet). Fig. 2.78 on page 106 of the Second Edition looks quite similar, but only has curves for nine transistors.

I bought MAT02EH from this source in the past, and they were real and I can only recommend it.
I don't remember if there's a minimum order or not, I ordered 10 at that time

MAT02EH
The price is  $6.0/pcs  .  We'll directly ship them from Shenzhen .
Regards.
mary
Aosiwei Electronics Co.,Ltd

Tel:  +86 -27-82848366                        Fax:    +86-27-82848466
MSN: [email protected]      E-mail:[email protected]

The good folks at EricaSynth sell the Latvian Dip and TO5 for 2.7 and 3 Euro respectively in one off quantities.

http://ericasynths.lv/en/shop/diy/diy-accessories/

I have used a few in exponential convertors bery successfully.

tc

MountCyanide said:
I'll be using them as an input differential pair like the 990. I'll update as soon as I do.

Necrobumping for a follow-up.

Cyrus, did you ever get around to using these AS194/AS394s? What we’re your conclusions if so?

Latest posts

Back