What's happened to the like button

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if was just coincidence but the like button disappeared about the same time a Russian spammer appeared.

Cheers

Ian

Just doing some maintenance. Things may be periodically wonky.

ruffrecords said:
Ethan said:

I may regret asking this, but what kind of maintenance do you need to do on a like button?

Cheers

Ian

The like function could be an extension that may need an update before it can run if the core software was updated.

In that case, the proper question would not be "where is the like button?", but "how the hell did he manage to do site maintenance, when all we noticed was that the like button went missing for a few days?".

Gustav

Gustav said:
ruffrecords said:
Ethan said:

I may regret asking this, but what kind of maintenance do you need to do on a like button?

Cheers

Ian

The like function could be an extension that may need an update before it can run if the core software was updated.

In that case, the proper question would not be "where is the like button?", but "how the hell did he manage to do site maintenance, when all we noticed was that the like button went missing for a few days?".

Gustav
like....

JR

Gustav said:
ruffrecords said:
Ethan said:

Cheers

Ian

Gustav
What Gustav said.
I had to update the core software, which unfortunately I have to do semi-manually because over the years there have been lots of little modifications to the core that dont allow for a clean and easy update.
With the update, the likes and the related topics features broke. Once I get a solid uninterrupted block of time in front of my box, I'll work out the kinks. Thanks for your patience!

avdo said:
ruffrecords said:
I don't know if was just coincidence but the like button disappeared about the same time a Russian spammer appeared.

Cheers

Ian
Ian
Who is a Russian spammer, what did he done?

Thanks!
just doing what they all do, post links to commercial sites or worse...

not related to like button.

JR

ruffrecords said:
Ethan said:

Cheers

Ian

Exercise it regularly, periodically clean with no-residue contact cleaner and lubricate as suggested by the manufacturer  ;)

mjrippe said:
ruffrecords said:
Ethan said:

Cheers

Ian

Exercise it regularly, periodically clean with no-residue contact cleaner and lubricate as suggested by the manufacturer  ;)

I wonder if I could add a like button to one of my eq designs so that every time someone presses it I get sent some money?

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
I wonder if I could add a like button to one of my eq designs so that every time someone presses it I get sent some money?

I'm actually already working on that for you and it's going really well.  I'm close to a prototype for the retrofit!  The only thing is that I need to borrow some money for the fab, but it will pay for itself a hundred fold!  You can wire the money to my bank in Nigeria and I'll return it as soon as I can.

Back