Where in the world is OBL?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnRoberts

Staff member
GDIY Supporter
Osama has been strangely silent lately. I must be difficult for him to pass up such an easy opportunity to spin the current economic distress as systemic weakness of the west. This is the first election in recent memory that went without a message from him.

If he is still in the tribal regions of Pakistan like many suspect, he may be more than a little preoccupied by the build up in anti-Taliban, anti-Alkeida local militias that are working with the Pakistani army to gain government control of that region for perhaps the first time in recent history.

Who knows maybe he's physically failing? Even bad guys don't live forever. Kim Jung Il appears to be living up to his name and Fidel turned over the reigns to a somewhat less onerous Raul a while back.

JR

John, you just reminded me of the Kim Jung Il song in the film "Team America"

"I'm ronery , so ronery , noboddy roves me"

Pissing myself with laughter right now !!! :green: :green:

[quote author="MartyMart"]John, you just reminded me of the Kim Jung Il song in the film "Team America"

"I'm ronery , so ronery , noboddy roves me"

Pissing myself with laughter right now !!! :green: :green:[/quote]

Hans Blix: Let me look around, so I can ease the U.N.'s collective mind.
Kim Jong Il: Hans, ya-breakin' my balls here. Hans, ya breakin' my balls!
Hans Blix: I'm sorry, but the U.N. must be firm with you. Let me see your whole palace, or else.
Kim Jong Il: Or erse what?
Hans Blix: Or else - we will be very, very angry with you... and we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are.

:grin:

You just like to say "Hans Blix".

I hope our intelligence agencies finally start to attract good translators again.
Many excellent people left during this secular ethnic cleansing of the NSA and CIA.

So far the talk does sound promising. I don't confuse locution with actual management skills so I'm hopefully optimistic waiting to see who it is we actually elected.

The last several administrations of both suasions have been pretty disappointing. I see all the same faces in congress, thinking their shit doesn't stink all of a sudden. I truly wish him good luck with all of the special interests that now think he is "their" man, large and in charge.

In the near term external events will define the agenda, for better or worse. I support him and hope he does well since we are all in this same boat together. I don't assume automatically that not being republican makes them competent, any more than the republicans already proved they weren't.

JR

PS: I could live without the Nancy Reagan jokes at high visibility press conferences, but I'll write this off as a newbie mistake, and not some mean streak.

[quote author="JohnRoberts"]I could live without the Nancy Reagan jokes at high visibility press conferences[/quote]

I'll be happy when "Dog Adoption Watch '08" is over.

Man, NOBODY loves dogs more then me....and I'm totally on the Obama bandwagon.....but I can do without the dog talk.

Wait...if the alternative is talking about our crumbling economy....I'm ok with Dog Watch '08...maybe....

Mike

There are so many dems that need a Viking Funeral on election day. But their constituents call that shot. A Pelosi-Free-Zone would be fine for my tax dollar. Paul Volker, despite his sexist gaff, is a good consultant at this moment. So is Warren Buffet. The cabinet selections will tell a huge tale of intent.
I'll "reserve" judgement til then. So far, so good,

And yeah, Obama called Nancy Reagan and apologized. That was a dumb comment. Unnecessarily partisan. He'll be watchin that.

I recall Larry Summers getting in trouble at Harvard for publicly observing that male and female cognition is different (duh). Perhaps a little too much truth for that PC crowd. Being different does not mean superior or inferior, just different.

I am not aware of any recent gaff by Volker, and am a long time fan of a strong dollar.. I'm not sure the new administration will be very receptive to the pain that high interest rates will engender, but we know too low for too long can cause distortions (like bubbles). I suspect we're in for some very inflationary stimulus so expect a bumpy ride.

JR

Back