Where to find fine-mesh gauze for microphones ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AboveAndBelow

Hello, i'm having a hard time trying to find the really fine-mesh metal or synthetic gauze to repair microphones.

For example i'm trying to find something similar to the metallic gauze on the inner side of the grill on the Sennheiser MD441 or md431.

I'm also looking for the white synthetic gauze that can be found to protect the diaphragm on lots of dynamic mic elements, such as beyer M88 etc

Are there any specifics in size or references i should look into ?

Regards

I have now found 304 Stainless Steel Woven Wire Mesh , the word "filtration" also seems to help.

But not sure what's the best for microphones, 100 / 200 / 300 or 400 smaller tighter grade.

Still looking for the synthetic version though.

I have now found 304 Stainless Steel Woven Wire Mesh , the word "filtration" also seems to help.

But not sure what's the best for microphones, 100 / 200 / 300 or 400 smaller tighter grade.

Still looking for the synthetic version though.
If you are in the US look at McMaster Carr

I found many metal meshes at ebay. But there are specialized places too I have to check my files next week. I found some thread in gearspace of someone asking for a mesh for a ribbon clone. As it is part of the magnetic path the correct material is important.

Latest posts

Back