Whistle Rock Audio ML12 preamp BUILD/HELP thread!

Help Support GroupDIY:

Ricardus

WILL SOLDER FOR FOOD
You can but you need some iron on the input side ideally as youre going to need to drop that signal quite a bit coming in.

I considered doing that on my 8ch build but since i didnt put output attenuators i didnt see the need to add more weight/cost to the build. I have run line thru it via reverse DI boxes for some reason I cant recall which, if youre not planning to run line through it all that often might be a better option.
What is that power switch??

Ricardus

WILL SOLDER FOR FOOD
Ulincos Latching Pushbutton... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N751TAW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

It was all chrome when i bought it. Now looks like theyre making it out of plastic. :(
So how do you have yours wired? The wiring description on the Amazon page assumes 12v power across the board. You you have on your mains, right?

-EDIT-
Never mind. I figured it out. I found an actual properly labeled pinout for the thing. I'll have to try one of these on a project,

sr1200

So how do you have yours wired? The wiring description on the Amazon page assumes 12v power across the board. You you have on your mains, right?

-EDIT-
Never mind. I figured it out. I found an actual properly labeled pinout for the thing. I'll have to try one of these on a project,
ive use similar ones on a few projects now, they have a nice feel and the illumination is pretty neat. (mine glows blue)

oran.outan

Hi all

@sr1200, I'll be interested in the Mod you made...
- for the DI Switch did you put the SPDT on pin 2 between the Main PCB and the DI PCB ?= open/close the Jack contact.

Also, on the DI PCB, there is that Jumper1, for choose between 1M/10M input impedance...
Did you put a Switch between there too ?!
Does change one of the resistor (R1 or R2) will make possible to work as a line input?
or using the 1M as a line in will be fine ?
Will be amazing to have that pre working in Mic/Hi-Z/line configuration...

thanks for you return !
Best
0-0

Last edited:

TillM

Really good work !
You will love that pre ! I used it since years and also rent it to recording engineers. Everyone loved it!
Instead of the DI I used the T-Pad.

Ricardus

WILL SOLDER FOR FOOD
Really good work !
You will love that pre ! I used it since years and also rent it to recording engineers. Everyone loved it!
Instead of the DI I used the T-Pad.
I am going to build some with the T-Pad as well, but first, I think I am going to build a 6-channel version with no DI's and no T-Pad, with en external PSU.

Can't wait to record some rock and roll!

Attachments

• ML12 6Ch.png
    ML12 6Ch.png
    433.8 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts