Whistle Rock Audio - Store is CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything you want really...

Cheapy jelly bean opamps are great when you are doing some experimental stuff and don't want to see your DOA go in fumes.

More expensive one from Burr-Brown & AD (yet much less expensive than a built DOA) are great when you don't have time to assemble a DOA or just want to experiment with an IC to see if it will improve sonics etc.

Options, options...

One thing to note, which may not be totally obvious, is that the adaptor is for single opamps and not duals.  The NE5534 will work but not the NE5532.

Hello if asked and answered sorry but when will your cinmag input line transformers be available?

earl said:
Hello if asked and answered sorry but when will your cinmag input line transformers be available?

Hello Earl,

The line input transformer category is just a place holder for now.  Once I have a project that makes use of these, I will likely have the transfos up as well for purchase separately.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks, Mike. Now all that remains is to see what Canada Post means when they say it might take "a while" before delivery times get back to normal because of their backlog...

Look forward to getting those DOA kits just the same!

rmaier said:
Thanks, Mike. Now all that remains is to see what Canada Post means when they say it might take "a while" before delivery times get back to normal because of their backlog...

Look forward to getting those DOA kits just the same!

Who knows what they mean but there's gotta be a giant pile of mail to go through!
Hopefully that doesn't delay the packages too much.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike i got the op-amps thanks.
both are assembled at +/- 15V since they arre bigger than the other ones ive tried...
I couldnt tested them at +/- 24V.

They are very smooth sounding! !
Thanks.

Bigger dimensions.
you 918 its a mm bigger than some DOA,s.
my prototype its a bit tight and have not enough space to fith the 918.
Thanks.

3nity said:
Bigger dimensions.
you 918 its a mm bigger than some DOA,s.
Thanks.

I understand what you mean by 'bigger' now.  Yes, I designed the PCB with an extra 0.025" of width and length.
So the PCB's dimensions are 1.125"x1.125".  This was intentional to give a small safety gap between the edge and the traces in case the routing bit went a bit off.

How did that keep you from trying out the +24V mod?  Did it physically not fit your +24V project?  It'd help me to know which layout it didn't fit if that is the case.

Thanks,

Mike

Yeah on my layout i cant fit 2 ML918 at the same time.
They are side by side...and since i based my measurements on the John burdick 2520 wich is smaller...
I have been able to fit Gary 1731's though..but one works and the other one isnt!

Good luck

Hey frazzman,

The Cinemags will be a while (end of August-ish).  They are expensive suckers and I don't make any money on them.  I actually lose some!  When I re-order them, they will likely be part of kits and not sold individually, at least to start.  If sold individually the price may have to go up to at least cover my cost.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike.
I feel you there but you should do some money on them!
I always thought the price was the same as Cinemag...but if you raise the price is fair enough!
I need 4 or 6.
Thanks.

Yes, I wanted to keep my prices in line with what Cinemag sells them for.  Once you add shipping/taxes/brokerage,  I have to buy a whole lot of these things (greater price break) to make it worth it for you guys.

Back