Whistle Rock Audio - Store is CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike on the ML12 PSU manual page 12 look at the AC IN connector...
Silkscreen shows AC-CT-CT-AC but you highlighted as AC-CT-AC-CT..
With simple inspection i think the silkscreen is right..

Please advise!

Thanks

3nity said:
Mike on the ML12 PSU manual page 12 look at the AC IN connector...
Silkscreen shows AC-CT-CT-AC but you highlighted as AC-CT-AC-CT..
With simple inspection i think the silkscreen is right..

Please advise!

Thanks

Hey Jorge,

I have them labeled as '~' and '0v' to indicate the correct polarity of each of the secondary windings.

So from top to bottom, looking at the AC IN connector as pictured on page 12 of the manual:

> '~' is the FIRST secondary winding's 'in-phase' connection.
> '0v' is the FIRST secondary winding's neutral connection.
> '~' is the SECOND secondary winding's 'in-phase' connection.
> '0v' is the SECOND secondary winding's neutral connection.

The in-phase connections are usually indicated with a dot on the transformer's label schematic.

The more I think about it now, the better I can see how some may get confused about this.  I will look for a better way of explaining it in the manual.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike !
Was great seeing you and talking for 5 minutes in front of a best buy in your car :) ( I know , I know it was all my fault )
thanks for these great kits ( can't wait to solder them )
and next time , a couple of beer  ::)  ;D

Cheers

Hey Carsten,

I don't think that the Cinemags will be back in stock anytime soon.
They require a much too large investment to keep in stock.
While I plan on eventually getting them back, it's simply not feasible at the moment.

I disabled the 'Transformers' section until then.

Thanks,

Mike

mikefatom said:
ML2520 kits + PCBs coming next week as well!  :)
Excellent!  I'll have to grab 4x 2520 kits from you when they're in stock.  I just built a gar2520 and 1731 and didn't destroy them, so I'm ready for round 2 with your 2520.  This time it's personal.haha

The 918 kits are fun, too, and they sound really great. Big, solid and smooth. Thanks, Mike, I'll be picking up another pair when finances permit. Also, any hint as to what's on the horizon with preamps and eqs? I keep checking your site for news...

minor_glitch said:
mikefatom said:
ML2520 kits + PCBs coming next week as well!  :)
Excellent!  I'll have to grab 4x 2520 kits from you when they're in stock.  I just built a gar2520 and 1731 and didn't destroy them, so I'm ready for round 2 with your 2520.  This time it's personal.haha

Awesome!  I just received all of my parts to complete this new batch of kits.  I should have them up over the weekend.

Thanks!

Mike

rmaier said:
The 918 kits are fun, too, and they sound really great. Big, solid and smooth. Thanks, Mike, I'll be picking up another pair when finances permit. Also, any hint as to what's on the horizon with preamps and eqs? I keep checking your site for news...

Well... one thing is for sure... I'm one lazy SOB.  I should have had a couple of things ready to go by now...

Very soon I promise!

Mike

Alright,  so I finally got version 4 of the ML2520 up on the site!

Check it out HERE.  ;D

8)

ML2520DOA_LRG.jpg

Awesome!  Should I place my order through the site or would you prefer a good old fashioned Tim Hortons grab and run?

Back