Whistle Rock Audio - Store is CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mike,
I just ordered a PSU pcb and a couple of ML2520's.
I have some old 990 style DIY DOA's from the board that I intend to put into some Mitsos pcbs.
I think I want 24V but maybe something less will work better.
So if its easy enough, I would rather be able to adjust Rail 1 and Rail 2 a little wider from about 16 to 24 V rather than a very fine adjustment.
What would I change to be able to do that? Just the trimmer resistor for those two to say 2K? or 2K with more turns?
Or is there more to it than that?
I am not so good on sourcing components. What a PITA. And yet some think its fun!
Thanks.
Scott

mikefatom said:
Hey guys,

A quick update on the kits:
- I now have almost all the parts in (I have the phantom power section caps on backorder  :'(). They should be in on the 18th/19th of this month.

- The PCBs from the fab house should be here this week.  :D

- I can now make up custom kits with the following voltages available:

FIRST RAIL: -5V, -12V, -15V, -16V, -18V, -20V, -22V, -24V, -28V, -30V

SECOND & THIRD RAIL: 5V, 12V, 15V, 16V, 18V, 20V, 22V, 24V, 28V, 30V

FOURTH RAIL: +48V only!

- Since each rail is fine-adjusted by a multi-turn trim pot, all the above voltages can be adjusted +/-2V. For example, if you select the second rail to be 20V, the resistor/trimpot provided with the kit will allow output of anything between 18V and 22V. A greater range than +/-2V is actually available, but for reference purposes, +/-2V should be a taken as a good rule of thumb.

- KIT PRICING: A full 4 rail PSU will be $60. A 3 rail PSU (1 section left unstuffed) will be $52, and a 2 rail PSU (2 sections left unstuffed) will be $45. Power transformer, Heatsinks and Shipping/PP fees not included.

Please feel free to ask if there is anything left unclear.  :)

Cheers

Mike

P.S.: All pending orders will ship tomorrow. :)

Hi Scott,

You can configure the ML12 PSU for +/-24V but make sure that the opamp you are powering can run at these voltages.  The ML2520 should not be run at more than +/-18V.

To be able to adjust the first two rails from +/-16V to +/-24V, you can make R2=R4=2.7K and RV1=RV2=2K trim pot.  Keep in mind that you will have to adjust R5 and R6 according to the voltage output that you decide on.  Use the table of alternate resistors in the ML12 PSU manual to guide you with that.

Also, the manual contain a list of all the parts and their corresponding retailer part#.  That should make it much easier to source the components if you buy your stuff from Mouser/Digikey.

I hope that helps,

Thanks,

Mike

Hi all,

The ML2520 (kit and PCB) stock was very low over the past couple of weeks.  I got a few kits together and updated the webstore with the updated quantity available.  More is coming soon as well.

Thanks!

Mike

Quick update on stock status:

ML12, ML2520 and ML918 PCBs will be on their way soon from the fab house.
When they are in, the stock on kits will be updated.

Thanks for the patience and have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Mike

The PCBs are in!  Stock has been updated.

Also, the ML12 preamp PCBs are now 25% cheaper @ CAD$15 each.
These are professionally-made boards with immersion-gold finish / 2 ounce copper.

Check it out here:

http://www.whistlerockaudio.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=41_42

Cheers!

Mike

mikefatom said:
Quick update on stock status:

ML12, ML2520 and ML918 PCBs will be on their way soon from the fab house.
When they are in, the stock on kits will be updated.

Thanks for the patience and have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Mike

I finally put your USB DAC together the other weekend and it works great on first power up.  Sounds great, no drivers required on MAC OSX!  It just works.

Thanks for the great PCBs and reasonable prices.

A++

Vetsen

Vetsen said:
I finally put your USB DAC together the other weekend and it works great on first power up.  Sounds great, no drivers required on MAC OSX!  It just works.

Thanks for the great PCBs and reasonable prices.

A++

Vetsen

Thank you Vetsen!  If you ever need to use it with a Windows machine (XP or later), you shouldn't require any driver either. :)

Cheers,

Mike

Hello,

Sorry to have to ask but is there a help thread for the ML12? I searched ML12 Help and ML12 Build but I got no results.

Thanks regardless!

Hi all,

Due to personal life circumstances, the WRA online store will no longer be accepting orders as of January 12th 2015.
The site and all information will stay up but the checkout portion of the store will be disabled.  Please place your orders before the end of January 11th 2015.

I thank everyone on GDIY for their support throughout the years.  It's been a great run and I look forward to more awesome projects from fellow members!

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks 3nity.

Everything is alright.  I have a lot going on in my life at the moment (nothing bad) and I don't foresee it changing anytime soon.  Unfortunately, I cannot keep running the store while everything else is going on.

I will still be around and be doing DIY when I can,  so it's no goodbye!

Thanks,

Mike

3nity said:
Mike hope its allright with you!
Best thoughts to you ins this circumstances.

Thanks for the time that you did spend running the WRA store. It has served me very well over the last few years. Alas, I have just placed my final order.

.......you're ML12, ML12PSU, and DOA designs are all excellent. I will miss them.

Thank you Stuart!

I appreciate the kind words and the support over the years.

Cheers,

Mike

envelope said:
Thanks for the time that you did spend running the WRA store. It has served me very well over the last few years. Alas, I have just placed my final order.

.......you're ML12, ML12PSU, and DOA designs are all excellent. I will miss them.

Hi Mike,

I just saw the closing notice on the 11th, at about 11:30PM EST :(

So, I quickly placed my order for 3 more of the ML2520s.    Thanks for making cool stuff - the first two kits were a pleasure to assemble.

Take care,
Mark

I'l look at what I can buy , but it will be a loss to see a trustworthy high integrity member's store gone
thanks for the things you have sold me, regards Greg okgb

Latest posts

Back