who here plays acoustic guitar?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CJ said:

you do not see taylors and martins out at the campground much these days, maybe a gibson or two,

Jokin' ?

Before touching my Dobro you have to go through the total washing ritual like before a prayer.

Hey CJ how's it twangin' ?  My old Taylor sounds so sweet but is very sensitive to humidity and temp which would really suck at the beach. I also have a nice 1957 Valesquez classical that I love above all else but it's never going to see a beach in my lifetime. It seems I always seem to let my beach guitars go to someone who needs a decent and affordable guitar. The right Gibson would be a keeper!
ROCK ON!

cheers,  Lance

Not much of a player, but i'd like to play like that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSnWhsmlGec&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mYm4FhGauA&feature=related

Hi. Brand newbie member here.
I am a guitar nerd.  I played pro many years ago, but gave it up to find an easier living doing electronics.
Also play lap, pedal and dobro.
-Paul

My baby is a Lowden D12-C. It plays and sounds better than any Taylor I've played.
I also have a Guild D25-12 12-string, which I really should pull out, as it hasn't been touched in years.
And I have a classical I bought a few years ago, which is what gets played the most these days.

On the electric side, I have a 1981 Ibanez Artist ("made by the proud luthiers of Ibanez Japan"), which is quite a nice instrument, and a 1996 Gibson Les Paul Special. And I have a Rickenbacker 4003 bass, which is for sale since I never play it.

-a

Andy Peters said:
My baby is a Lowden D12-C. It plays and sounds better than any Taylor I've played.

Lowdens are great! Someone brought one into the studio when I was engineering - pretty much sounded great with any mic in any position. Or put another way, it had a very large sweet spot, and was very easy to record.

Total acoustic lover here (although piano is first instrument)...Just finished up a VERY acousticy debut EP...acoustics I have are a yamaha lots-of-numbers-name 6 string and a Martin D12-20.

Here's some acousticy goodness from the EP (check out the silly symphonies fun:p) :
http://youtu.be/zp2z2JlTzxY

A home-recorded EP, DIY release, even the artwork is DIY. The dream now is to DIY our equipment to be really DIY :p. 1st simple project (passive summing) now complete...

Just googled Lowden....thats a pretty looking guitar

I play them and record them. Record many more than I play. I've got an old ibanez that I love, an epi that is nice, one of those fender resonators, and a 3/4.... Need to get a real acoustic. I think it's slightly important.

Cheers,
J

Yamaha FG1200 J Black label and a washburn with (nackered) fishman piezo.

Absolutely LOVE the yamaha...gifted to me by a very respectful man.

Mattia.

I love Lowden guitars. I spent nearly an hour in the demo room at their factory when I was in N. Ireland a few years ago. I wanted to cry that I couldn't possibly afford one at the time. I will get one some day.

For now I have a Taylor 710 (I know, cry me a river) that plays and sounds like a miracle. I play it pretty good. Others play it better.

Somehow I missed this thread.

I play and build acoustic guitars, although I haven't built lately.

Let's see... right now I have:

66 Martin D-12-20 strung as a 9

A couple of my designs from way back

A matsuoka classical

a blue ridge br40 beach guitar that sounds way too good for the price

A 1980 or so yammie lammy I just refretted...interesting plywood guitar

A sitar...does that count?

Lots of electrics and basses

I may build another 12 string  this summer for fun if I get the time. These days I design microphones
for a living.

One will come out in a while that is specifically voiced for acoustic guitar though!

Les

Back