Wisdom teeth ripped out of my face...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ptownkid

and I am hurting good. I won't be responding to anyone for a few days, but as soon as I feel well enough to sit up straight, I will get everyone sorted out.

Thank you for your patience.

Kinduvva rite of passage in the states. A recommendation to relieve any TMJ aftereffects, after a say 60 days is to visit a chiropractor and have your jaw re-aligned.
Mike
PS: I was with my wife when she had her's done. The doctor was cool about looking at his tools and stuff. At one point he turned to me with a hammer and, something else, both of which looked like shiny Roswell alien experimentation artifacts and said plainly, "I think you should leave now". I think that's what he said because I was GONZO!
Good healing!

[quote author="Scodiddly"]I've still got mine... they're in a box around here somewhere. :wink:[/quote]

:green: :green: :green:

[quote author="peter purpose"]OOoo... poor little petal.... did the nasty man hurt you?
HTFU ... :wink:[/quote]

haha, yes, he hurt me good!!! Thankfully they only had to dig two of them out and the other two were "pull-able" so the swelling is all on one side.

However, the swelling has gotten to the point where my eye is kinda scrunched up and I look like i got my ass beat, lol.

[quote author="Ptownkid"] Thankfully they only had to dig two of them out .[/quote]

Now thats a "glass half full" comment if I ever saw one...

The thought of someone digging teeth out made me cringe.

God Bedring
Gustav

I had one wisdom tooth ripped out by a female dentist in the chair, when I used to be in the road building game, & was I back working on the shovel within 1/2 hour with no problems. No swelling everything was cool.

The other 3 I had out under general anesthetic at the Queen Victoria hospital in East Grinstead, Sussex, UK. This hospital is famous for the WW2 surgeon McIndoes pioneering plastic surgery on burnt Spitfire & Hurricane pilots. That time I was laid up for a week & had the Jaw line of Desperate Dan.

I also remember a girlfriend of mine saying that when she had her wisdoms out she had a massive bruise across her chest where the dentist had been kneeling on it to get some extra leverage !!

I remember feeling awful so my sympathies go out to you, but, hey it's not life threatening, it just feels like it !!!

yeah they often don't tell you they may have to chip the jawbone away
and that fragments may surfice weeks later .
They do seem a little too willing to take them out as the cure to many
ills , if they're impacted , growing sideways that i can understand .
and when the doctor told me one of the three prescriptions was for pain ,
i later remarked to the pharmacist that it didn't help to which he told me
it was an antinflamatory and not really a pain reliever .

speedy recovery

Try having root canal without an anesthetic.......

I take wafarin (blood thinner) & the dentist would not inject me in case of a clot forming & going to my brain.

& afterwards, when I asked the dentist if he had gas, he says "well I suppose I could have.....". Moved on to a new dentist sharpish.

...Sounds like my dad- he had to take (anticoagulant) Warfarin (he called it "rat-poison", because it has indeed been used to kill rats...) for the rest of his life, after clotting problems.

Wisdom teeth... -They're a hoot, aren't they? :wink:

:green:

Keith

I had my head x-rayed in some sort of 360 machine and the dentist said I didn't have wisdom teeth!

I had no idea where they went as they were never pulled!

they blamed evolution.

:razz:

Had mine all out too. Wasn't pretty but i'm sure glad i did it now.
Get well.

D.

Had all 4 taken away in April. The pain meds made me feel worse, so I only took 2 pills. I think I was back up pretty much 3 days later. The only problem is they hit a nerve or something and my lower lip/chin on the right is . . . still . . . a little numb. It really sucks that I don't always know it's still in the way of my teeth as I'm eating sometimes. On the plus side, I don't really feel it when I bite it every few days.

As for root canals, I remember having one where the 7 shots of novocaine didn't get into the abscessed tooth until 2 hours after the surgery. Def not fun going through those with feeling.

Michael

Latest posts

Back