Wokwi - an online simulation environment for Arduino, ESP32, STM32, and many other common boards & components.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock soderstrom

Tour de France
Have you always wanted to do something with a micro controller? Take a look at this simulation environment, it looks very promising. Here you can simply get started and take your first steps online without having to buy anything.

It seems to be a useful thing even for more experienced makers and coders, see for yourself:

https://wokwi.com/

PS: try this together with ChatGPT... :geek:

Last edited:
A cool project I think would be to add a controller like Arduino and use a DAW to trigger a relay to switch on a red light above the studio door. RECORDING IN PROGRESS comes on whenever you press record on the computer
Easy to do with MIDI.

Most daws (even including PT) can send a MIDI signal for a red button.

I plan to refurb an old snare to make a red light (some day).

Very cool! I'm not a Discord fan, but maybe I'm just not using it correctly. Is there a standard/classic forum (like this one) alternative environment, so that things stay static while one reads information, posts, etc?

If not I may still join Wokwi because of what it does. Thanks, Rock!

edit: and it involves Rust which is even cooler (I'm C/Python/etc but want a reason to get into that language)

Not old - wise. Just imho :)

Edit: you know, I'm going to suggest they open up a conventional forum. I've been really happy over the last few years with the software in use here and elsewhere. It's been fast and easy on the eyes. I used to admin a couple of forums in a previous century and we didn't have the greatest stuff then, so I'm pleased - and I've learned a lot more a lot faster over the past 5-6 years or so.

I just tried the Linkedin Wokwi forum (didn't know they did forums until now) and it's harder for me to parse. It seems that using that type of forum software/UI is not time efficient. Reddit is another one - there are a lot of server side page loads, and to see all comments takes a lot of time. Ever try to save a page in Reddit for local/offline consumption? I've not been successful, using the browser I prefer anyways (Firefox).

I don't want to turn this into a b**** fest about eg Discord, haha! Thanks again for posting the Wokwi info.

Last edited:
Back