word V excel patchbay labeling

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

o.k. so my buddy got some switchcraft 9625 patchbays. Got them wired up and downloaded a word doc from switchcraft to do labels. Their tables only allow for a max of 3-4 characters for naming. Not sure how that works. But using their table dimensions I made an excel sheet that oddly enough allows for a couple more characters before txt is unseen or unprintable.  Odd that a table in word would be different then the excel sheet but hey it's working so far.

I hate doing this with Word or Excel because of the strange behaviour when printing...
Instead I am using Graphics Software (Inkscape is free).
The big advantage is that you can redraw the spacing you need and include single Text-Blocks for each column.

I've tried many different ways and never settled on one as the end all be all.  The neutrik freebie soft is good but doesn't do all patchbays as the spacing is different from company to company.

at one point was using quark express and that was not bad

pucho812 said:
...Their tables only allow for a max of 3-4 characters for naming.

Just remove the left and right cell margins (0.19cm)  in the table properties/options, so you will get a space for one or two more characters. And try smaller, condensed font.

My 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back