• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 1H and 100mH single inductors

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At Classic API they have these toroidal inductors but unfortunately they sell them only with their kit

nielsk said:
Big difference. Original is a hypermalloy toroid core, pie wound. Core size and wire size are critical.
Let me know if you find someone who will wind singles of these...

Tell me about this pie winding... is it as I imagine a Trivial Pursuit game-piece?

How many turns/taps?  DCR?  I'd be willing to try by hand.. not fun, but until I can afford that toroidal winder it's the only option for me.

If you're going to be DIYing these EQ's why not use multi-tap inductors + more caps on a switch and get a few more frequencies out of them? 

As an alternative to the Wilco I have found this hammond inductor (158SA)

http://www.hammondmfg.com/153.htm

The price is really good but I don't know if it is the right one for an equalizer

I have an original 1H from a 553 I can measure for DCR, I may be able to get my hands on a 100mH to measure... no way to tell the # of turns though.
The pye winding I have seen goes 1/2 way around, then back to start, then all the way round then 1/2 way back, then to the end again, then all the way back to the start, repeat... many, may times... around a tiny doughnut core.

curious, what is the ID, and OD of that HMalloy Toroid core ?

I have tried the Wilco 1H inductors on my 553 clones and they work very well but I can't say if the sound is the same of the toroidal one because I have no way to compare them

Someone can tell me if I can use standard small axial inductos for the 100mH value?

Latest posts

Back