• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 60 Mohm and 400 Mohm 1% 1/2watt resistors U67

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You dont need 1/2W as there is no voltage drop in the high impedance section:)

I see, thanks.

So why did Neumann specifically stated in the U67 schematics an 1/2W rating for these two resistors?

All the other resistors in the schematic are stated at either 0,1W or 0.25W, being most of them 0.1W, only the two 400M resistors are drawn with a 0,5W rating

Thank you

Last edited:
I see, thanks.

So why did Neumann specifically stated in the U67 schematics an 1/2W rating for these two resistors?

All the other resistors in the schematic are stated at either 0,1W or 0.25W, being most of them 0.1W, only the two 400M resistors are drawn with a 0,5W rating

Thank you
Neumann used custom made wirewound resistors as no modern metal films existed at that time. Wirewound has higher current ratings,but the capsule has no power consumption(you can check with electrometer it is pA or fA range)

Neumann used custom made wirewound resistors as no modern metal films existed at that time. Wirewound has higher current ratings,but the capsule has no power consumption(you can check with electrometer it is pA or fA range)

Thank you so much

I ordered 10x 60M resistors, I will only need 4 I think, they should be arriving at anytime.
I can send 4 on your way, just pm me your address
I appreciate it, we have more of the 60M resistors on the way, they are normally in stock here. We are a studio/brodcast gear repair and fabrication facility in the Charlston SC area (East Coast, USA). There are a large number of aviation and military contractors in our area, so there is a constant supply of high grade electronics surplus parts if you know where to look and who to ask... and can be patient. We stock the high-precision, low temperature coefficient, metal film resistor types (usually Philips Brand, Roederstien or others) in many values; and some wire wound for special applications. usually Philips brand metal films. We have other parts for mics too - transistors and tubes etc... Anyway, I am glad you found some and thanks for the offer. Keep us in mind if you are looking for anything in the future - we are always looking for small parts and gear from Europe so its nice to have another friend across the Atlantic. I get over every few years, usually Germany is where I stay while I work; I've always wanted to go to Portugal hunting for gear.

Take care,

Tony

I appreciate it, we have more of the 60M resistors on the way, they are normally in stock here. We are a studio/brodcast gear repair and fabrication facility in the Charlston SC area (East Coast, USA). There are a large number of aviation and military contractors in our area, so there is a constant supply of high grade electronics surplus parts if you know where to look and who to ask... and can be patient. We stock the high-precision, low temperature coefficient, metal film resistor types (usually Philips Brand, Roederstien or others) in many values; and some wire wound for special applications. usually Philips brand metal films. We have other parts for mics too - transistors and tubes etc... Anyway, I am glad you found some and thanks for the offer. Keep us in mind if you are looking for anything in the future - we are always looking for small parts and gear from Europe so its nice to have another friend across the Atlantic. I get over every few years, usually Germany is where I stay while I work; I've always wanted to go to Portugal hunting for gear.

Take care,

Tony

Sorry to piggyback on the thread, but do you have any Philips RN65 (or similar) 250M types?

Thanks!!

I will check when we return from the studio. Most of those resistors I mentioned are 1/2 watt or greater, we've given away most of the smaller sizes, or lower voltage spec (250V etc.). If we don't have it, on Tuesday I can ask around when everyone is open again. I can PM you so we don't mess up the thread. There is some great info here.

I have also been reminded there is a 1.5 cubic foot box of new bags of unsorted passive components waiting to be put away along with a bunch other boxes of of switches, pots, and active components, with more arriving today as well. It might take me a day or two. I can tell you immediately upon return if it is in the sorted area, lol.

Back