WTH NYC?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These events were a classic example of what I hate about cable news.  Saturday while this was still breaking the cable news stations trotted out a reporter standing out on a NYC street at some distance from the incident trying to look relevant on TV, pretty much saying nothing for hours on end. The good thing about newspapers is that they don't print blank pages like TV is wont to do.

I tuned in a day later to hear more about what happened, but only thing they were talking about Sunday was the candidates comments, (not news guys, and politics at it's worst trying to win some advantage).

Now a few days later they are forming a more coherent picture . For many countries this is just another weekend.  I hope this doesn't become our normal, shouldn't be anybody's normal..

JR

Damn John I'm actually gonna agree with everything you said. Being a native NYer and having lived in Chelsea I know my fellow NYers enough to know, they take s**t in stride. What I don't get is how come the incident in NJ is being kinda blown off as non related just because they didnt use a pressure cooker. I think the assholes know there's more than one way to skin a cat.

JohnRoberts said:
These events were a classic example of what I hate about cable news.  Saturday while this was still breaking the cable news stations trotted out a reporter standing out on a NYC street at some distance from the incident trying to look relevant on TV, pretty much saying nothing for hours on end. The good thing about newspapers is that they don't print blank pages like TV is wont to do.

JR

1+
they always do that... i think CNN is the master of it!

Looks like they got the guy after a shoot-out.

Another refugee from Afghanistan gone bad, more grist to the Trump mill.

DaveP

DaveP said:
Looks like they got the guy after a shoot-out.

Another refugee from Afghanistan gone bad, more grist to the Trump mill.

DaveP
I don't know if NYC has quite as many cameras as London, but NYC has been on guard for decades.

Yes both sides are trying to make hay from this...kind of ugly but his is the political season. 

JR

Lucky bastard apparently figured out that the ticket is shooting at police rather than throwing his hands up while not carrying a weapon.....

mattiasNYC said:
Lucky bastard apparently figured out that the ticket is shooting at police rather than throwing his hands up while not carrying a weapon.....
"Hands up don't shoot" has been discredited as a false narrative (Declared biggest lie of 2015 by Washington Post). If you were trying to be funny you forgot to add an emoticon  ::). For example "Pants up don't loot".  :mad:

Odd that this miscreant's idea of an escape plan was to sleep in a bar doorway.  I guess he was counting on Deblazio's decriminalization of using sidewalk bedrooms(bathrooms).  Of course I have no idea of what he was thinking, but perhaps he was under the influence of some drug that made crashing in a doorway seem like a good idea at the time.

JR 

Yeah, sorry, the point was unarmed, not hands up.

I don't see how "pants up don't loot" is funny though, but it sure smells like something.

I saw a report that Chicago was hiring some 900 new police officers.

Since I consider the police the good guys, more of them should be better not worse..

I hope they can reduce the violence significantly. What kind of man volunteers for that kind of job? Especially in today's anti-police culture.

Good men I hope.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
I saw a report that Chicago was hiring some 900 new police officers.

Since I consider the police the good guys, more of them should be better not worse..

I hope they can reduce the violence significantly. What kind of man volunteers for that kind of job? Especially in today's anti-police culture.

Good men I hope.

JR

It is a sh*tty job most of the time... and probably not only in the U.S

Latest posts

Back