• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT 4x Grayhill Continuous 71 series switches

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato Cakes

A while back I ordered some Grayhill switches and accidentally purchased the continuous version instead of the programmable stop pin version. These are brand new, 1/4" shaft, 12 position, single pole, single deck. I just opened them today as I was starting a project and noticed the discrepancy. Looking to trade for same version 71 series but the stop pin version. Hopefully with someone in the lower 48 states to make things easy.

Thanks!

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_0783.jpeg
    IMG_0783.jpeg
    771.3 KB · Views: 18
I have successfully drilled stop pin holes in continuous rotation Grayhills.  I wrapped the switch with tape, unscrewed the brass hwd, pulled the front plate off, and drilled the hole.  The "innards" of the switch were all set up for a pin, just no holes in the front plate.
Best,
Bruno2000

After becoming uncomfortably familiar with the inner workings of the Grayhill switch, I managed to get it open and place stop pins inside all four of them and then close them back up without the need for drilling. Thanks for letting me know about the insides being the same as all the other 71 series switches.

Thanks!

Paul

Potato Cakes said:
After becoming uncomfortably familiar with the inner workings of the Grayhill switch, I managed to get it open and place stop pins inside all four of them and then close them back up without the need for drilling. Thanks for letting me know about the insides being the same as all the other 71 series switches.

Thanks!

Paul

+1
Best,
Bruno2000

Latest posts

Back