Yamaha DTS-70 Drum Trigger Not Storing Performance Edits After Powering Off

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonezy2686

Hello

I'm having an issues with my Yamaha DTS-70 Drum Trigger. After programing performance edits and saving them I can recall them just fine. The machine will save them for about 15 minutes once it's turned off but if I come back the next day they are gone. I've replaced the small internal battery on the board but that didn't seem to help. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

- Ryan

Usually these symptoms would mean a backup battery was flat, and replacing it is the right thing.

It could be - the replacement battery was faulty (it happens), or not properly connected somehow, or that the unit has a fault which is draining the battery.

Can you measure the voltage on the new battery to confirm it's good? Do you still have the old battery - can you measure its voltage? If you can post a photo of the board that might help spark some more suggestions.

Usually these symptoms would mean a backup battery was flat, and replacing it is the right thing.

It could be - the replacement battery was faulty (it happens), or not properly connected somehow, or that the unit has a fault which is draining the battery.

Can you measure the voltage on the new battery to confirm it's good? Do you still have the old battery - can you measure its voltage? If you can post a photo of the board that might help spark some more suggestions.
Thank you for your reply.

I did measure the voltage on the new battery, it is good. I did have to fix the work of the musician that tried to replace it before me, I think they might have scorched the board a bit when they tried.

I will post pictures of the board tomorrow once I have it open again.

Back