Yamaha M406 modified to mic preamp!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bxt403

:D

So I will be parting ways with my latest project- a Yamaha M406 mixer that I recapped and modded with GA18720 output trafos from Tamura...
It's boxed up now and will be shipped to Reading, MA in a few hours.  I remembered to take photos of the project- so here's the final build.
As a side note- since the phantom protection parts were built into each module of the M406, I just had to insert a switch to each channel; and short the original master phantom switch to enable individual 48V channel switching. I took the output to the transformer from the respective channel fader output.  I could have made use of the ECHO out bus, but I decided to remove all mixing capabilities.  The VU meters now only have a 1/4" trs input. I also upgraded the EQ MID/LOW section's RC4558DV with a NJR072.  

;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So I will be parting ways with my latest project- a Yamaha M406 mixer that I recapped and modded with GA18720 output trafos from Tamura...
It's boxed up now and will be shipped to Reading, MA in a few hours. I remembered to take photos of the project- so here's the final build.
As a side note- since the phantom protection parts were built into each module of the M406, I just had to insert a switch to each channel; and short the original master phantom switch to enable individual 48V channel switching. I took the output to the transformer from the respective channel fader output. I could have made use of the ECHO out bus, but I decided to remove all mixing capabilities. The VU meters now only have a 1/4" trs input. I also upgraded the EQ MID/LOW section's RC4558DV with a NJR072.

;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
Any chance you still have photos for this?

It's boxed up now and will be shipped to Reading, MA in a few hours. I remembered to take photos of the project- so here's the final build.
As a side note- since the phantom protection parts were built into each module of the M406, I just had to insert a switch to each channel; and short the original master phantom switch to enable individual 48V channel switching. I took the output to the transformer from the respective channel fader output. I could have made use of the ECHO out bus, but I decided to remove all mixing capabilities. The VU meters now only have a 1/4" trs input. I also upgraded the EQ MID/LOW section's RC4558DV with a NJR072.

;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
Anymore details on these mods? I'm about to get one, and want to do the EQ and Phantom mod.

Back