Yet another 312 project finished (w/ pics)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmtunate

I finished up my 4-channel 312 build a few days ago. Everything works except the VU buffer circuit, as I need some germanium diodes for the bridges and shielded signal wire from the main boards. I used Fabio's PCB design. Channels A & B are 2520BCs, and C & D are Melcors, both DIY. All the boards were etched by me at home. Cinemags in and out on all four.

I screwed up and ordered relays with the wrong footprint, which explains the yellow jumper wires. I probably should have sucked it up and bought new ones. I also wish I would have ordered a deeper chassis, as it was a tight fit. Oh well. Front panel was laid out in Illustrator and engraved by FPE. No in-fill. I sent them my Par-Metal front panel, but the USPS lost it. I had to use their material.

Oh, and Dort is my last name, which explains the symbol on the front. The logo is based on the old Dort Motor Cars logo from the turn of the 20th century.

312front.jpg

312frontdetail.jpg

312inside.jpg

It's actually not as obscenely bright as the photos suggest. The low-light mode on my camera makes lens flares much more prominent.

needs more yellow wire loops for RF pickup while on break, you can
listen to yuour favorite AM radio station., hopefuuly some motoewn,
wu=ith tha56b arrtticficial vbsass jamersion.

i am trying to calculate the air core inductance of al those lops in order to determine which station you shoud tune to, lets see, root LC divided by plancks constant,?

Wow, you should be proud to fit so much into a single case - with DI, phantom, phase, pad. very nice.

I like the VU meters.

3nity: what do you mean about using ferric chloride? I thought that was the best thing to use. Is there something I should know?

[quote author="Ptownkid"]hope that power xfmr doesn't add too much noise...[/quote]

It's extremely quiet. Much quieter than my G9, which has 2 toroids.

[quote author="CJ"]needs more yellow wire loops for RF pickup while on break, you can
listen to yuour favorite AM radio station., hopefuuly some motoewn,
wu=ith tha56b arrtticficial vbsass jamersion.

i am trying to calculate the air core inductance of al those lops in order to determine which station you shoud tune to, lets see, root LC divided by plancks constant,?

...[/quote]

I did pick up a mexican station when I was trying it over at a friend's house, although it was very spotty. The reception certainly wasn't good enough to keep me entertained. :razz:

I'll probably order the correct relays next time I place a mouser order.

Im use those little Sudafed tablets.

This is the Meth forum, right?

Becuase Cana=da is al about meth,

I need to hire some smurfers to sit outside 7/11, can you help me?

Peruvian Flake.
Then Meth.

What a bummer...

[quote author="3nity"]You know there's a transparent one! i think is Muriatic acid..[/quote]

That's what I used. 1 part muriatic acid to 3 parts hydrogen peroxide. Etched each of those main boards in about 5 minutes.

Apparently we are now the leading supplier for " Super ecstacy "
a mixture with methaphedimine mixed in .

But yeah , box looks good and if it sounds good , well then

Latest posts

Back