C800G

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am going to drop the plate current. Might change the output transformer. Right now it has a real k67 in it

Might set it up more like a CV60 schematic.

Three plus years later.  I installed a k47 like capsule and added a cap to reduce the highs changed the coupling cap value .  The tube that was in it went noisy so I installed a new one.  Not a bad sounding circuit

It's interesting... you revoiced the mic completely after a few years.

This once again teaches that the way we use microphones and preamps is an aesthetic thing and since we change over time so does our aesthetic... some people would say this or that is better, but over time we change what we like... so maybe today I like my CAD E350, tomorrow I may like a C800G (never tried one...).

One thing I will say is that this circuit is a crazy complicated one and yea... I wish I could build one now, but I will have to wait a few years to get there.

p.s.  To prove my point, look at many Brauner mics.  I know guys who have bought them and don't use them or have sold them, because it wasn't what they were looking for anymore.  The mics were and are great, but after a while they wanted something else.  They went for some Neumann's.  Maybe later they will get some ribbons to do more of their vocal recordings.  Very cool stuff nonetheless.

The circuit is going to be changed again to all solid state or a solid state tube circuit.  I built it to understand the design/sound of the c800g circuit with a 6au6.

The circuit is not complicated it is a plate out triode gain stage cap coupled to a transformer

The only thing c800g like in my build it is the 6au6 microphone circuit not the capsule or transformer or body or grill or power supply.

Latest posts

Back