C800G

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
Because I cant find big caps can I decrease hum using some caps(about 3000uF) near tubes.
Where I can locate ground on PSU.
Thanks
Duka
I think for acouple days I would test my mike. Encourage me!

Sorry, Gus.
I was waiting to hear what you say about that relammed trafo before I go any further. I saw some thermocam pics somewhere that had been taken of underheated tubes. Is there a thread that references those or are my eyes too prying? Notice I didn't mention "where" I saw them.

Peace!
Charlie

PS. I am jealous as I have been trying to get a thermocam at work for nearly 6 yrs now!

Charlie

I have not installed the transformer just need to make the time.

These?

At 5.46V.....
5.46V.jpg

And at 6.11V
6.11V.jpg

(Hope it's OK to post them, Gus.)

:thumb:

Yes

Russian 6AU6 type tube Crosshairs on hottest point of the tube I could find. Note the heat at the base. I need to find the site IIRC if glass has any water in it it starts to outgass form the glass at about 150F. Water vapor is bad for tube parts.

Gus, I will wait more. I am excited about this change! I think I will still try the SCM1000 capsule in the TCM1050.

Zeb, I hope posting this doesn't make anyone angry! Ooo, those thermocam pics are cool!

Peace!
Charlie

[quote author="SonsOfThunder"]
Zeb, I hope posting this doesn't make anyone angry! Ooo, those thermocam pics are cool!
[/quote]

Gus took the pics and he's happy so all is good. :thumb:

Zebra

Did you get the new microphone picture? If so you can post it if you want.

I thought people would ask about the mount.

It is a sampson that sells for around $30.00 in the USA. I removed the the screw to microphone part holder thing, I don't know what to call in. I then drilled and tapped two holes in the base of the microphone and drilled two holes in the base of the mount then screwed the parts togeher.

Hey Gus,
how did you form the mesh? and how did you mount it in the mic??
thanks
Gil

BTW.. it looks awesome. :thumb:

16 x16 hole per inch 49% open. Formed the top on a plastic part I made on my lathe used a dead blow hammer to hamer to shape. The other part was by hand. Currently friction holds the screen in place. Being a steel grill and Al body I will use conductive epoxy at some time. I am thinking of bead blasting it and then having it power coated.

Just installed a rebuilt kk67 capsule. Doug Walker did the work at Walker Microphones.

NICE There is something about a good neumann capsule more real in the midrange?, hopefully some sound samples soon.

Microphone is only cardiod now. Still thinking about the best multipattern setup for this microphone.

I bumped this because I want to ask the people that built something this about how it "aged"

Do you still like it?

How are the tubes doing?

What tube did you end up with as the best?

Out of the number of capsules I tried in it the real K67 seems to be the best. what capsules have people used?

I powered up the microphone after not using it for some time.

I am not that happy with it now. I changed the tube again and a cap.

I believe this design has some issues as built from the sony schematic.

This microphone build did not age well even with different capsules installed still missing some bass when used with voice.

So I might change some things or just remove the circuit and build a new one.

Latest posts

Back