APUTIS ELA M251 capsule holders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another option would be to use plastic covered with black but white inside, so that laser engraving becomes white.

Best,
Andrew

Hi All,

Just wanted to post some good news. Plated headgrilles will be finished this week. I will start shipping polished nickel headgrilles first. Satin headgrilles are being plated in another country so it will take a little bit longer, but shoud be ready soon also.

I am also running out of aluminium parts for the bodies, so next version will be fully from brass- this will make plating easier and decrease an ability of bad parts. However it will influence the price a little bit, but the whole product will be and feel more high quality.

Thanks for the patience for all. I will post some news soon.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I can't find your M49 thread any more. Do you have any news about the M49 bodies?
I paid for two M49 bodies last november, if I remember correctly. 
Any and all news would be welcome!

- Stefan

Jess, please check your email for info about your order.

M49 and ELA M251 mount thread will be redirected here.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Thanks for the Info! Looks great.
It's now 4 weeks after you said it will take 3 to 4 weeks. Any news?

you may not take him literally....  I've been hearing 3-4 weeks since July 2015.... :)

Just use my zen approach:  It will arrive when it arrives...

Hey All,

M49 - brass parts are almost finished and I will take some pictures for you as a proof;
U47 - chrome headgrilles are plated and will be here soon, satin headgrilles are in Denmark for satin plating. Their lead time 7-10 working days, so hope to receive soon.

I am about to lounch my e-shop with the stock, so you will be able to purchase the kits with lead time of max. 1 week.
You will find there some other interesting stuff here :)

Thank you All for your patience and understanding!

Kind regards,
Andrew

So the first of two of Aputis' bodies has been built up.

Thierch-Elektroakustic Red Line M7 capsule
AMI BV8R Transformer
NOS PIO Russian Caps
NOS Tesla Glass 1G resistors
Phaedrus Audio VF14M tube
All PTP

Attachments

• DSCN3991.JPG
    DSCN3991.JPG
    713.6 KB · Views: 195
@ Pip, great build for sure, what is your experience with the VF14M tube and what are the approximate cost ;)

Best Regards,
Iwan

DjaiTeam said:
@ Pip, great build for sure, what is your experience with the VF14M tube and what are the approximate cost ;)

Best Regards,
Iwan

The Phaedrus-Audio VF14M is wonderful it sounds really good. I will not get into whether or not it is as good or whatever. This to me is a useless debate as a real VF14M is unobtainium and an absurd risk. That being said this is as close as I will ever get to an actual U47.

It is by no means the only FET based plug and play solution out there I am aware of two others. Both of which are more expensive. Read the information on the web-site it is quite thorough.

Go to the Phaedrus Audio website there is a price list there. I will also add that they sent it straight away and it all was without incident.

http://phaedrus-audio.com/

the anounced 3-4 Weeks have become 8 weeks already, and it is soon time to celebrate the anniversary of my order and payment.

So may I kindly ask for a quick update? :)

Hey pip!

Is there something special behind the "plasic" screws you use for fixing the ground plates inside the body?

Zottel said:
Hey pip!

Is there something special behind the "plasic" screws you use for fixing the ground plates inside the body?

They are nylon. They are used where I don't want conductivity like the High Impedance section at the top and where there is the possibility of a short like the resistor network below the tube and above the capacitor bay. That is all. The next version will probably use rivets instead of screws anyway.

Cool :) Could you do some more pictures from you high impedance section? I kinda like to know whats going on there  ;D
Are these Keystone PTFE turrets?

Latest posts

Back