APUTIS ELA M251 capsule holders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey All,

Had to move my little factory to another premises, so it took a lot of time to bring all stuff to another place.

Current status - treating nickel plating with chemicals (takes 2-3 days for the right process), assembling and shipping.

I have 5 headbaskets left and these will be hopefully sent this week prior to the list.
New headbaskets are at platers and will receive them in the upcoming week.

I should post some video clip of U47 body kit production process, so you could imagine how long it takes to make everything perfect. It is not that easy how it looks. And this is not China production where you get fast and cheap...

So  concluding everything - I can not give exact shipping dates because there always appear unpredictable things:

Such as

1. Badly plated headbaskets with the nickel falling of from the surface (this adds 1-2 weeks for solving/remaking the headbaskets);

2. Lost the guy who was making wood boxes, found another, confirmed samples etc (adds 1-2 weeks for lead time);

3. I've spent too much on fixing parts that did not pass the QC...so once I had a situation when simply I had no money for paying for postal services;

4. There is a real pressure from some of you guys and sometimes trying to keep everything nice and calm I promise too much - promise to ship being not sure if I could to this soon...

However I am very happy to discover new things in production everyday and deliver you the best achieved results that I can.
And yes, very soon, I will be selling the stuff only when it is in stock. And delivery time will be A LOT shorter.

Thank you all guys.

When your kit is shipped you will immediately receive the tracking info, so e-mailing everyday and asking about tracking info, does not really help to make thing faster...but I understand your concerns and plans, so I will try to make it as fast as possible, but you must understand - THIS IS NOT CHINA :)

Kind regards,
Andrew

I appreciate the fact that you have made these quality products available at extremely low prices and I empathize with the thought that at times you must have been losing money on the proposition. I hope it all pays off for you in the form of a sustainable production and marketing work flow that you find success with. Witnessing the struggles you have risen to meet leads me to understand why a high quality mic body can retail for two to three times what you have been producing them at.

Wishing you the best.

Well I thought you all might like to see one of the 251 mounts doing its thing. Here it is with a Tim Campbell capsule on Matador/Chungers C12 kit. The only thing I had to do was enlarge the holes slightly in the Plexi base to accommodate the 28 gauge Teflon Coated Silver Tinned Copper.

Attachments

• DSCN3964.JPG
    DSCN3964.JPG
    671.9 KB · Views: 112
Hi Andrew,
it is confusing. TLRT recieved duantros kit. Duantro paid in june. I paid on may 4th 2015. mine has not arrive yet.

Do you send them out in a special non-chronological priority order?

???

Cheers

duantro said:
That's great that they are finally done. Can you please inform me of the cost to pay for the extra wooden box I requested, before they ship?

Jesse Jackson- I feel your pain, I've paid for mine in June. Luckily I found a nos Equinox body, that someone was letting go. I was building a mic for a friend and starting to catch heat for waiting.

Maybe these should have been listed as a feeler thread, and not in the white market, until the research and development was all worked out?  I understand quality control, and customs issues are hard to deal with, and am glad they are finally ready to ship.

I paid my first one around January. Duantro got the refund and I paid his mic again.

jafo said:
Hi Andrew,
it is confusing. TLRT recieved duantros kit. Duantro paid in june. I paid on may 4th 2015. mine has not arrive yet.

???

Cheers

duantro said:
That's great that they are finally done. Can you please inform me of the cost to pay for the extra wooden box I requested, before they ship?

Jesse Jackson- I feel your pain, I've paid for mine in June. Luckily I found a nos Equinox body, that someone was letting go. I was building a mic for a friend and starting to catch heat for waiting.

Maybe these should have been listed as a feeler thread, and not in the white market, until the research and development was all worked out?  I understand quality control, and customs issues are hard to deal with, and am glad they are finally ready to ship.

OK, thanks for the info.

TLRT said:
I paid my first one around January. Duantro got the refund and I paid his mic again.

jafo said:
Hi Andrew,

???

Cheers

duantro said:

Hey Jafo,

Your mic kit was shipped yesterday. I hope to get tracking info today from a postal service manager.

Kind regards,
Andrew

:)

Andriejus said:
Hey Jafo,

Your mic kit was shipped yesterday. I hope to get tracking info today from a postal service manager.

Kind regards,
Andrew

...that sound very, very promising. as soon as this available ill order a pair. or four.
47/48 pattern switch to choose from. just dreaming......

Hi all,
Wanted to share how happy I am with the sound and looks of my build:
Aputis body, Poctop's D-47, D7 capsule (Dan's M7 type) and Collective Cases PSU case.
Thank you guys and keep up the amazing work!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 167
That looks amazing! Excellent work to all!

Please, Please, Please, tell me where you got that black polar pattern badge?

Very slick!

Thanks

That looks amazing! Excellent work to all!

Please, Please, Please, tell me where you got that black polar pattern badge?

Very slick!

Thanks

Hey Dan,  good to hear from you!
The polar pattern disc is actually a printed sticker that I designed over a 2" washer. I'll shoot you an email.
If anyone else is interested I'll be happy to share the jpg.

Hi Fellini,

Working on my U47 and would be happy with your jpeg, i have a 2´´ messing washer laying for two years and thought about engraving it but this looks nice too.

All the best,
Iwan

DjaiTeam said:
Hi Fellini,

Working on my U47 and would be happy with your jpeg, i have a 2´´ messing washer laying for two years and thought about engraving it but this looks nice too.

All the best,
Iwan

Here you go Iwan.  I had to reduce it's size in order to attach it.
What I did was print it on a 2" round sticker and spray it with clear coat, that left it looking like plastic.
I used a thin black rubber washer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 23
Back