Best Electronic online Shop EUROPE

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manulaudic

Hello,

I am planning on building a Studer 169 preamp and Eq along with the Poor Man's Pultec.

I'd like to ask if you could give me your favourite Online Shop EUROPE.
The one where most parts are available :)

Thank you all for the time you might take to answer.
Manu

For me, Farnell is just fine, when you get used to their web, it's just great. Less than 48h. delivery, the shipping cost are high, but they are fast and well packaged.

For little shopping I like to buy in banzai or musikding, more specific than farnell or mouser and easier to buy in their pages.

Thank you so much guys.

I took a look at Banzai and i like the web page, it's clear and most of the audio parts i need are there, the price isn't the cheapest but cheap enough.

Now time for some ordering.
Have you guys built the Studer EQ? I heard it's a great design.

-M

Farnell has very many items in stock and they can deliver really quickly, which is awesome when you're in the middle of a project and dont want to wait.

Banzai has almost all of the "standard" components, but to much better prices. However, they dont offer the same discount as farnell, so they can be more expensive when buying hundreds of the same component.

You should also take Mouser into account. Even though they are based in the US, their pricing does include the custom rate and you make the payment to a british company, so there is really no difference to ordering from an european dealer. Orders over €80 or something is free from shipping costs and their prices are still a bit better than farnell, especially for THAT chips. 2 days shipping time.

I also order quite often from electrokit.se, as their shipping only costs €3 inside sweden. Paying farnells €7 when you only need a few resistors is not that fun... :)

I have to say I had never heard of Banzai before. I popped over to their web page and I was particularly impressed by their very wide range of pots and tubes. Thanks for turning me on to them (as we used to say in the 60s).

Cheers

Ian

Thanks ShunkFunk.

I also found that one, seems pretty nice too : http://www.musikding.de/index.php?language=en

Manu

Beware of banzai, not all of it is in stock, every order I've ever placed had at least one backordered part. I've recieved parts one year late!
But if that's ok for you go for it, the website is very well made and they are usually very helpful.

Yeah, and some of the Banzai stuff might be poor quality, at least I have had bad luck many times. Quality control issues (b-stock): standoffs missing thread, tools that break on first use etc. useless junk. Nevertheless, I'm still a customer for knobs and other bits and bobs.

Couldn't agree more with you! But as long as you only take items from known manufacturers and can make an additional order from farnell or something, you should be pretty safe.

Stay away from banzaï  music.
They don't care sending parts 6 months late, with no communication at all during that time ... nor appologies.
I agree with poor quality also.

I nerver had any problem with Banzai... For the basic stuff I often order here:
http://www.taydaelectronics.com/

For general components, Rapid in the UK is definitely worth a look. They are generally cheaper than Farnell. Shipping is quick and customer service is good.

Www.rapidonline.com

That sux about Banzai, I've recently received a partial order. Hopefully doesn't take 6 months for my balanced tubes to arrive!

Tayda is pretty good, though not in Europe.

I have used them several times for "generic" parts. Once they didn't send the ordered (and paid for) number of items and promptly refunded (Paypal). Delivery times can vary and, depending on order volume, the stuff might be subject to import tax -- still they are cheap.

www.distrelec.com has nearly everything.

www.reichelt.de has good prices.

Mouser and digikey have european branches now.

RS and Farnell are classics.

Jakob E.

Doesn't this belong in the lab?

Yeah I've been stung by Banzai before with out of stock items, they take your money and say nothing - very, very annoying.
+1 for Rapid UK, good prices and service. Also Toby UK for interconnects and other bits, good prices there.

Ben

Latest posts

Back