Electrical Shock Log Book

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been in my studio space eleven years. The electric service in the space wasn't sufficient. I wanted new tech power run. It's about 200ft from my space to the breaker panels on my floor. The thing that made the job a $10K job was that since the building wouldn't shut off power it had to be a live splice into the main feeder cables to each floor. I got a few quotes. Some looked at it and just said no. I ended up going with a very knowledgeable Russian electrician who was friends with the building super. I asked him why it was so expensive and he said it was the live splice. He knew low noise tech power. He did a home run ground to a cold water pipe without asking. I haven't had any problems with it.

Recently I found a split in the trunk of a large ash tree on the border of my property, I called out the Electric Supply Board and their tree surgeons as it was a danger to 20Kv overhead cables as well as my neighbours house depending on which way it fell . Several hundred properties were effected by the shut down ,  it took a week or two to post out notices to all users . They left me a pile of timber for fire wood , and I'm going to save the main trunk for a friend who's a luthier , Ive always fancied an ash bodied Tele with the natural finish where the grain is exposed not laquered up like a boiled sweet,
I still cant play worth a sh!te but what the hey  ;D all well thats ends well .

Latest posts

Back