EZ Tube Mixer Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pierre, I am seriously impressed! First time I watched that video it brought a lump to my throat - my design actually being used by someone thousands of miles away. Mind blowing.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian! If i can just do you justice and finish it! I'm still trying to find  a way to thank you properly one day.

Regards,

Pierre

More stuff: my first REDD EQ. I've designed a little PCB for the 32 pin connector and some relays.

redd1.jpg

redd2.jpg

Impressive work Holger! I see you are still testing the layout for your preamp module. For me the black one the left still looks the best.  What are the two square pushbutton on your fader module? Are they linked to the relays of the smart pan?

Regards,

Pierre

Ian what type of connectors are you using for the power supply cable? I finally put my hands on a suitable candidate for my power supply cable.(The Pro Power you recommended).
I also got the edge connector receptacles that Holger recommended and they fit perfectly(big thanks Holger). So i will be testing the 2 module backplane you sent me.

Regards!

Pierre

ruffrecords said:
@Holger,

I like the little interface PCB. Nice idea.

Cheers

Ian

Yes, they're very useful.

anjing said:
Impressive work Holger! I see you are still testing the layout for your preamp module. For me the black one the left still looks the best.  What are the two square pushbutton on your fader module? Are they linked to the relays of the smart pan?

Regards,

Pierre

Pierre, it's not about the look, it's about space. The two new pre amps fit in the Fischer ventilated cassettes.
I'm not having so much layout alternatives here.
The switches on the fader panel: ch 1 L/R, ch 2 insert in. channel 3: currently no function. I think I'll impement solo and mute later.

main1.jpg

main2.jpg

By look i mean, looks more practical in use...i see it's a bit cramped to say the least! Were did you get that square pushbutton?

Regards,

Pierre

Playing with three channels and two inserts, no transistor in the signal path  :D
Waiting for some parts. My goal is to do some studio recordings with four channels next Wednesday. Still a lot of work to do.

playing1.jpg

Looking good Holger, i've been looking at the same meter for a while now, it's easier to get and better priced then the sifam vintage series. How do you like the response compared to the other vintage meter you use in your builts?
Looking forward to hear how the recordings went.

Regards,

Pierre

I'm preparing my next front panel order, here is the simple design for the master fader. I'm trying to get a hold of a 2" master knob, and i think i found one on ebay. For the master section i'm using Ian's all passive layout.
MasterFader.jpg

anjing said:
Looking good Holger, i've been looking at the same meter for a while now, it's easier to get and better priced then the sifam vintage series. How do you like the response compared to the other vintage meter you use in your builts?
Looking forward to hear how the recordings went.

Regards,

Pierre

The meters are OK, I use them in combination with a JLM meter buffer.  A console like this needs some VU meter. I'm not sure if the 70$ Sifams will track better.

The recording went well. We've recorded a small drum set with four mics. We used microphone splitters to feed the signals into my mixer and parallel into the ADT here in the studio to directly compare solo signals as well as the stereo bus.
Quote from my colleagues: "Holger wins"."
Very smooth high end, punchy and detailled low end, the EQs are useful for recording.
I like the way the tube mixer sounds, other people too. I'm on the right way  :)

session.jpg

I am very pleased that people like the sound produced by the EZtubemixer. That's hardly surprising but it is very gratifying. Any chance of a sample from the session Holger?

Cheers

Ian

Back