Feeler: ez760 - Compressor/Limiter/Expander/Gate

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr Gris said:
I haven't tried sourcing yet, but I've been following this thread with interest,
cause I want to build a pair when time and money let me...

From what I understand most of the transistors in the BOM are discontinued.
Gustav who makes the board posted a bunch of substitutes in this thread,
but there were one in particular he couldn't find a sub for.
Can't remember which one ( one page back)
So if you don't mind, I'm interested in what transistors you used.

Thanks
Magnus

I built a unit and found replacements for everything I couldn't pick up locally, but...

I moved in december, and the unit was left with a friend in Copenhagen. I haven't been back since, and he keeps postponing shipment/bringing it over (he just got a new girlfriend :) ). Unit was assembled, but needed the edge connectors and a power up to verify functionality.

In any case, I have since found the various originals. Ill pack up a few "transistor kits" and put them on the site in a few weeks...

Gustav

That's great Gustav!

Hmmm.... maybe I should pay a visit to your friend since I'm living across the pond in Malmö,
if he has a new girlfriend he wont have time for a 760  ;)

Cheers
Magnus

There you go magnus and I have a couple of 2n3820 if you need a pair. Thanks for the boards Gustav, the unit I posted was the extra PCB from your 3 for 2 deal.
Matt

MatthisD said:
I've finally put the lid on this single channel; DIY input transformer, none on the output, PSU board bolted to where the output transformer should be, power switch at the rear, sidechain insert TRS wired in to the compressor section, knob caps to follow the original's knob colours.

Did you use the meter from hairballaudio???

MatthisD said:
jicama said:
How come you don't put the audio transformers?

An output transformer you mean? I don't happen to have a suitable transformer, I might add one at a later stage.

Potenciometers seems´s diferent from usual, with 5 pins, did you get them from AML?
Cheers

Almost done stuffing two channels, and ready to start putting it together.

But hey - whats an "LC Network 100pF"?

Gustav

Attachments

• skyline.gif
    skyline.gif
    700.1 KB · Views: 65
Gustav said:

It is an EMC filter:
http://www.rapidonline.com/Electronic-Components/100pf-100v-T-network-Capacitor-26-6182

You don't really need to use them.... you can just put a wire link across the 2 outer pins and leave the centre pin unconnected....

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Slenderchap said:
Gustav said:

It is an EMC filter:
http://www.rapidonline.com/Electronic-Components/100pf-100v-T-network-Capacitor-26-6182

You don't really need to use them.... you can just put a wire link across the 2 outer pins and leave the centre pin unconnected....

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Thanks, Colin. Figured LC denoted inductor/capacitor, so I thought it was something more esoteric (expensive). If I don't absolutely need them, I will try without just to avoid the hassle.

Gustav

An update on this.

Waiting for proper standoffs and a few other bits to finish up.

Gustav

Attachments

• closer.gif
    closer.gif
    216.1 KB · Views: 98
0dbfs said:
Here's another BOM that imports into the mouser bom import tool located here:

http://www.mouser.com/bom/bom.aspx

Just make sure that all the parts are really what you want to order. I have not ordered this yet and will probably go through it a little more. It's in a nice easy import format though so you can edit it for your own purposes as needed and maybe save a little time. Some required parts may be missing or incorrect so please double-check before you order and let me know and I might be able to modify and re-upload.

NON-MOUSER parts are also listed in this file (Taken directly from Colin's BOM in the colourbook.pdf) so don't import those.

Total price comes up to about $235 from mouser. This is minus meter, transformers, case, etc...

Best,
jonathan

no luck importing this to mouser. can anyone assist me?

ps: is there really just the BOM in the colourbook? no manufacturer part numbers? this is terrible.... at farnell one has to order at least 5 units of every cap. total waste of money. so i now have to go to farnell just to find out the manufacturers number and get that at mouser. worst bom i ever came across. sorry.

salomonander said:
this is terrible....

Pretend the shop references aren't there, and use the full list of parts and values.

A resistor is a resistor...

Gustav

Gustav said:
salomonander said:
this is terrible....

Pretend the shop references aren't there, and use the full list of parts and values.

A resistor is a resistor...

Gustav

yes you are right. still .... a manufacturers number would be a little nicer. ill try to export a mouser bom once its done.

salomonander said:
worst bom i ever came across. sorry.

Even after your edit, I am still a little puzzled about your level of annoyance with this particular BOM.

It contains a very detailed list of parts and values needed for the project, and even if some of the stock-references for Rapid are outdated, Colin has made one of the most detailed and informative BOMs I have ever come across. No, its not as convenient drag-and-drop Mouser cart, but "terrible" and "worst BOM ever" really puzzles me...

Gustav

Latest posts

Back