• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Group buy interest for Reddish 500 EQ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the estimated cost is $148+shipping?

using 1 Euro = $1.06
UTM 28+28+39+29 Euros w/ 15% discount
Metal work 35 Euros

That is correct. I am hoping the UTM quantity discount will be a bit more as we have over 50 units (for everything except the outputs, as we may not make 25 quantity on those so there may be no quantity discount)
As soon as I receive confirmation of everyone's order I will get final pricing

Still waiting on one confirmation, but I will go ahead and start the order process with UTM & Link based on current totals.

Chiming in here...

The items that are included here are the parts that originate from Europe -- the UTM transformers and inductors, and metalwork from Kevin at Link Audio Design. Since you are in Europe already, it would be counterproductive for you to order these pieces through Nielsk's group buy, since everything purchased through this will be shipped to the US, so you'd have to pay for him to ship it back to the EU, negating any cost benefit and also creating a longer delay until you receive them.

Instead, you can order the appropriate transformers and inductors directly from UTM when I publish the BOM (coming soon). For metalwork, you can either order from Frank's web shop, or you can order nicely discounted metalwork from Kevin when he reaches out about European shipping (see my PM to you from Saturday). As a side note, I did receive your payment for pcbs, thank you!

We've got lots of European builders participating in the project itself, but this particular group buy that Nielsk is arranging only makes sense for US builders to join, for the reasons stated above. If you wanted to start your own group buy to try to get a quantity discount on the UTM iron for builders within the EU, I imagine you'd have some enthusiastic compatriots, but it's up to you if the effort is worth the discount.

Last edited:
Hey Niels, great to see this coming together! Are the prices quoted from UTM in $USD or €EUR? Either way, awesome that you've been able to secure a nice discount and save our US builders on shipping costs!

All prices are in Euros, at today's rate with conversion fees it should be around $1.10 to the Euro.
Of course, rates fluctuate, but whatever it is when the funds are all in and get sent to UTM & Link it does deliver a substantial savings (at the very least 20% overall) from ordering individually.

Payment are arriving, thanks to everybody!
As soon as everyone has been able to pay I will place the orders and transfer the funds to UTM and Link

Back