Looking For Alternative to JLCPCB for PCB Fabrication

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used Oshpark for bits and bobs, but I can't do the kind of runs I do on JLC for anywhere near the price. One 500 series board I did last year was $132 for 3 boards from Oshpark, and I probably bought 20 boards for $25 from JLC.
Damn, they must have raised their rates! I mean i recall paying $30-$60 for 3 modest sized boards a while back, which was still silly, but that’s ridiculous! I did a whole 19” 3RU backplane with JLC for less than that!

I'm using a Revolut card. Works fine for them. Not sure if it works in the U.S. but it's worth a try if nothing else is suitable.

Make an online account with Wise, get a debit card and link it to Paypal
You da man. I finally got my Wise debit card in the mail today, and was able to make the purchase at JLC. This seemed like the best solution for me when you suggested it, and it definitely is the best solution now that I've seen how useful the Wise debit card can be.

I'd recommend everyone get a Wise card for emergencies or other weird moments like this.

Latest posts

Back