MixBuzz1 Build/Support thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Crush and Blend circuit is not working.

What would be a good trouble shooting check for this. (It was working before, then I took out R5 and put it back in for switch resistance).

How do I check what is working. Basically the relays will not go off.

Anyone out there?  LOL ........

Geez...... I only recommend this kit for only the best of builders. It is tough. Hopefully my bud from MIT can help me out on this.

piano said:
My Crush and Blend circuit is not working.

What would be a good trouble shooting check for this. (It was working before, then I took out R5 and put it back in for switch resistance).

How do I check what is working. Basically the relays will not go off.
R5 has nothing to do with 'switch resistance' (whatever you might think this should be) but only limits the current for the LED to ~9mA.
If it was working before, the most likely fault might be a reversed molex connector next to R5. You don't need to be one of 'the best of builders' to put the connector back in with the correct orientation.

Well my friend helped me figure this out. I damaged a pad on the board and we did a direct wire patch.

I have to say this is one bad ass sounding compressor. Wow, transparent and silent (as in no noise at all).

I've got Neve, API, DBX and Retro units to compare to --- this design is NICE.  THANK YOU to those who help answer questions. Nice pcb design Igor.

My front panel is still not right so I will have to have it done over again - still gotta say this is a tough build. Calibrating this thing will be another hurdle.

LOVE:
1) Sidechains --- especially the Thrust Mid
2) Mix - aka Crush and Blend

Attachments

• IMG_0243.JPG
    IMG_0243.JPG
    383.5 KB · Views: 127
Sorry I have a very strange problem
and I can not understand what can be ...
My MixBuZZ works and sound great, but
GR - Meter works
OUT - Meter works
IN - Meter does not work, bypass the compressor, Turbo LED turns off and burn the 10ohm resistor (R44)
What can be?
THANKS

I changed all the IC and all the electrolytic capacitors (meter driver board), but nothing changes ...

ilfungo said:
Sorry I have a very strange problem
and I can not understand what can be ...
My MixBuZZ works and sound great, but
GR - Meter works
OUT - Meter works
IN - Meter does not work, bypass the compressor, Turbo LED turns off and burn the 10ohm resistor (R44)
What can be?
THANKS

Short on LED PCB :)
Why not post  for another people after we figured it out on Skype!

piano said:
Anyone out there?  LOL ........

Geez...... I only recommend this kit for only the best of builders. It is tough. Hopefully my bud from MIT can help me out on this.

Agree. Needs some patience instead of spending whole time at social networks, aye!
:) ;) :)

piano said:
I have to say this is one bad ass sounding compressor. Wow, transparent and silent (as in no noise at all).

I've got Neve, API, DBX and Retro units to compare to --- this design is NICE.  THANK YOU to those who help answer questions. Nice pcb design Igor.

My front panel is still not right so I will have to have it done over again - still gotta say this is a tough build. Calibrating this thing will be another hurdle.

LOVE:
1) Sidechains --- especially the Thrust Mid
2) Mix - aka Crush and Blend

Thanx man. Enjoy!

evilcat said:
Igor said:
evil: any news? I impatiently waiting about a week. Curiosity, aye!

Hi Igor!

I've disconnected pin1 of XLRs, it doesn't change anything (would have been to easy!!!).
I've measured 1.8R between pin1 and main board ground, no 0R. In fact, the case itself have a 1.8R resistance. When I measure it from any ground point (boards, XLRs, case) I have 1.8R. Is it normal ?
Thanks,

Ben

Hi I gor,

while you're here, any ideas for me please ? Thanks,

Ben

Try to change input balanced line receivers as well and measure DC offsets again.

[/quote]

ok sorry
burned continuously 10ohm R44
meter worked fine - but do not display the input
After several tests I found that a screw to secure the meter PCBs, touched a LED. (short circuit)
solved the problem everything works fine.

help
how can I adjust THD?
I have only one computer - sound card - multimeter

ilfungo said:

ok sorry
burned continuously 10ohm R44
meter worked fine - but do not display the input
After several tests I found that a screw to secure the meter PCBs, touched a LED. (short circuit)
solved the problem everything works fine.

help
how can I adjust THD?
I have only one computer - sound card - multimeter

[/quote]

RMAA?
:)

I personally hate comp based "analyzers", but with good souncard, should work.

@ Piano: Very nice look! BTW, seems like the LED meter is reversed...or am I missing something?

Yes, it is backwards.

I soldered the LED bars on the wrong side and I considered it impossible to reverse it. So this is my change. I had to solder each LED light hole up directly with a wire to the led control board.

Any chance you have another LED board kit I could purchase?

Can help with one pcb left from first proto run. It has no silkscreen. Mail/skype/FB in case of whatever.

Back