Odd Thin Single Layer K47 esque Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the price is cheap enough, you can test one, and you may be disappointed in terms of structure.

None of the three in that image is a K47 clone.

K67/K87 clones all have a "square grid" of holes; K47's have a concentric-circle pattern of holes in the backplate.
I meant to say 87!
This is from takstar. Interesting single back plate capsule with no chamber. I remember it sounding pretty decent?
That's a instant buy! I'm a huge sucker for takstar anything
It is unique capsule, single backplate, k67. I appreciate it for being unique. It has frequency response kind of in k67 ballpark, but pattern response similar to k47.

I modified one here, you can see the frequency response before and after the mod.

https://groupdiy.com/threads/k67-capsule-mod-for-less-high-end.76972/
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Because it is not a particularly standard anechoic chamber and there are not many sampling points, this curve has been smoothed, but it is also relatively accurate and can be referenced
If that is the response in anechoic chamber why is there so much smoothing, and why isn't it accurate below 100hz?
Actually, most anechoic chambers below 100HZ are not very accurate

Because it is not a particularly standard anechoic chamber and there are not many sampling points, this curve has been smoothed, but it is also relatively accurate and can be referenced

Actually, most anechoic chambers below 100HZ are not very accurate
Wouldnt that mean the measurement is not valid then?

Wouldnt that mean the measurement is not valid then?
So what kind of measurement results are valid? The results vary under different test variables, and the test curve can only be used as a reference. Each product test has its own differences, and this data may not be qualified as an accurate measurement, but it is not a problem to use it as a reference

I have posted the measurement of this capsule before, here it is again. The purple line. It is anechoic measurement, 100% accurate, and absolute. I'm not sure I understand what Ekaterina means. That is why we have calibrated reference microphones, so that we can eliminate variables.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230919_075827.jpg
    Screenshot_20230919_075827.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 1
This is somewhat different from what I remember. Can you tell me how you measured this capsule? I remember using a Scott circuit test before, with a standard sound source placed at a distance of 50cm. Thank you

Latest posts

Back