rainton's P2P LA2A chassis "original style" discussion thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure they are allowed to sell many spare parts to one Customer. Because the vumeter you want are sold by UA as spare parts. Maybe the simplest way is to customise an AL39. That's what I plan to do.

lolo-m said:
I'm not sure they are allowed to sell many spare parts to one Customer. Because the vumeter you want are sold by UA as spare parts. Maybe the simplest way is to customise an AL39. That's what I plan to do.

where do you get the bezel from? i can't think of any reason why they wouldn't sell to one person. Isn't that what they want? :)

Yes i know, i just wrote them a final message. If they won't respond this time we need to find another way.

Good news, people! 8)

There was some misunderstanding, that's why i didn't get any response

On the 19th of June you sent the address in the US to me and I missed it and that's what I was waiting for.
I am trying to get the 10 units ship direct to you from the UK in hopes of saving some freight.

I check on the rate for shipping the package of 11 meters from here and the postage would be $55.55 USD
and would take 6 to 10 travel time. On top of that you will be paying the duty there. As soon as I get the answer from Sifam about drop shipping I will let you know.

I just received two invoices: Ike miscalculated the shipping to germany, it is 155 usd instead of 55 as stated before.
So as a result the total from IMS  for each of us would be 130€ + 5€ further shipping costs, makes it 135€ (until now..)
I have to check if there are any further costs applying (customs etc.). Fortunately they don't ship from US but from the UK, so we save some money.
The package of two meters to hymentopera is 280.02USD in total (although i don't know anything about the US tax regulations).
I will come back to you when i hear any news.

best regards

weiss said:
I just received two invoices: Ike miscalculated the shipping to germany, it is 155 usd instead of 55 as stated before.
So as a result the total from IMS  for each of us would be 130€ + 5€ further shipping costs, makes it 135€ (until now..)
I have to check if there are any further costs applying (customs etc.). Fortunately they don't ship from US but from the UK, so we save some money.
The package of two meters to hymentopera is 280.02USD in total (although i don't know anything about the US tax regulations).

best regards

155$ for shipping a probably less than 4 pounds package seems to be a mistake to me. Are you sure that's not a typo in the invoice and Ike was actually correct about the 55$?
I've never paid an amount like that for shipping stuff across the globe unless it was a UPS express package which is definitely not necessary...

weiss said:

best regards

Question: Will I be paypalling you, weiss, or IMS/Ike instead? I just need a paypal invoice, or an email to send it to. If you need me to wait, that's fine too. But if you need immediate action from me, don't hesitate to PM me or post here. I'll be checking this thread daily! :)

And, there shouldn't be any further taxes or anything for me, unless they were shipping from Maryland, which I'm certain they aren't. So I'm pretty sure that the cost quoted will be my final cost.

So, just thinking out loud, hopefully the postal strikes don't slow things down too much for you guys in Germany. I have another package coming from München that I've been waiting on~ :-[ Bavaria to Maryland usually takes a week, max!

rainton said:
155$ for shipping a probably less than 4 pounds package seems to be a mistake to me. Are you sure that's not a typo in the invoice and Ike was actually correct about the 55$?
I've never paid an amount like that for shipping stuff across the globe unless it was a UPS express package which is definitely not necessary...

I know, but that's what he just meant:
I am sorry to tell you this but I had wrong information on the shipping earlier today the cost to ship and to insure the 11 meters is actually $155.55 not $55.55 as I stated. The shipment has to go Global Express Guaranteed.

@hymentopera: you can wait, i will tell you when i need action from anyone

weiss said:
rainton said:
weiss said:

best regards

I know, but that's what je meant: I am sorry to tell you this but I had wrong information on the shipping earlier today the cost to ship and to insure the 11 meters is actually $155.55 not $55.55 as I stated. The shipment has to go Global Express Guaranteed.

@hymentopera: no just wait, i Content you in person

Perhaps he's shipping via U.K? In that case two shipments, but no customs, so probably a good deal anyway. I can assure you that if you care about the looks this one looks so much nicer than the stock meter. And if you'd already set standard with  Rainton's case, which costs more than a generic rack case, then why not go all the way?! :)

Hey guys, you can now pay for the meter you ordered.
The final cost has lowered to 130€ per vu meter ;)

hymentoptera 2x (paying directly)
Le Roux  1x
weiss 1x
Floti 1x
nickhepfer 2x
Unit7 1x
rainton 2x
Friedrich K. 2x
kvintus 1x

Please add your member name to the description when making the payment.
I sent you the details via pm.

-- 7 have paid, 1 more to go ;)

Sorry for the late update guys,
I was on vacation with my family - but now I'm back. :)

I cwas talking to the manufacturer of the chassis today and unfortunately it will take him roughly two weeks more than expected - so 6 weeks altogether until we get the painted chassis instead of 4.  :(

This is because they're burried in work. This company is doing a lot of metalwork for Mercedes Benz & Porsche and those customers need to have priority. Our little order of LA2A chassis is like nothing compared to an  order from a customer like Mercedes worth 100s of thousands of Euros probably...haha!

Anyway they're on it.

After I can pick up the chassis from the factory they still need to be screen printed but that is done by another company. I'll keep you posted :)
Martin

Question:

What will the threads be on the two thumb screw holes? Or will they be blank and I'll tap them to whatever I want, and if so, what is the shaft size?

Thanks!

hymentoptera said:
Question:

What will the threads be on the two thumb screw holes? Or will they be blank and I'll tap them to whatever I want, and if so, what is the shaft size?

Thanks!

They are M4. There are threads in the chassis, so you can just screw in any M4 screw.

The vintage LA2A had knurled head thumb screws and so has my personal unit. The reissue has regular phillips screws.
I'm currently waiting on the delivery of knurled head thumb screws from China that look really close to the original ones.

If they get here in time and are good quality I will include them in the group buy free of charge - at least for this run ;)
If there's another run in the future I'll have to add them on top.

Latest posts

Back