Trump says he would like to 'hit' DNC speakers who disparaged him

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's not forget that Trump is extremely dishonest, with a well documented wake of destruction.  The loose cannon part shouldn't overshadow that. 

emrr said:
Let's not forget that Trump is extremely dishonest, with a well documented wake of destruction.  The loose cannon part shouldn't overshadow that.
To accuse politicians of lying is redundant.

Some are not smart enough to realize they are lying at the time, but they all do.  Political promises are so squishy few are ever held accountable for campaign promises.

Over the years I have suggested that all political candidates be sworn to tell the truth and held accountable for lying to us, just like we are punished for lying to our government.

The shopping list of false statements revealed by the FBI about the Hillary email investigation seems to be pretty definitive. Trump seems to be guilting of routinely speaking in public before his brain is in gear, and has a list of policy positions he has already flip-flopped on. I truly hope there are more flip-flops coming since some of his hyperbolic statements are not even possible, and others just wrong (even if popular).

I see a difference in degrees between the two,  but that perception is in the eye of the beholder and politics for both sides involves a lot of optimistic overlooking of facts in record. 

JR

Bloviating is what it all is!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloviation

The lead up to the crash of '29!

Ask those that are still alive about the Great Depression!

Khizr Khan, the father of a Muslim US soldier slain in Iraq in 2004, said Sunday that Donald Trump has a "black soul," indicating he lacks empathy and compassion.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/31/politics/khizr-khan-donald-trump-black-soul/index.html

edit: more videos on CNN, on roll.... this is crazy that what Trump doing to himself!
although, i am sure on the other side, people going F*@* that Muslim solder! i am still supporting Trump.

Khizr Khan had every opportunity to grill clinton on things like voting in favor of the iraq war. The very war that took his sons life.    Khizr Khan could have grilled Obama on his knowledge of the constitution as we can easily see we have seen a few unconstitutional actions come from him. He could have grilled Hilary on how she handled classified information as I am sure his son, as a captain, had some had some sort of security clearance. He could have questioned why is it she gets a pass while those like his son do not.  I am surprised that he would support two people who knowingly abandon Americans in a combat zone and then lied about it.  It was clear his speech was politically driven and not based on principal.  I'm sure his son would have easily dismissed his dad and called his behavior deplorable.  How could anyone in their right mind who had a son in the military take the stage after the dnc disrespected a Medal of Honor recipient. lets be honest Mr. Khan  could have done so much to talk about how it is an honor to live in the U.S. and how a crazy ideology, Islamic fascism took his sons life.
He had every opportunity to do the right but instead became a pawn of the DNC.

pucho812 said:
Khizr Khan had every opportunity to grill clinton on things like voting in favor of the iraq war. The very war that took his sons life.    Khizr Khan could have grilled Obama on his knowledge of the constitution as we can easily see we have seen a few unconstitutional actions come from him. He could have grilled Hilary on how she handled classified information as I am sure his son, as a captain, had some had some sort of security clearance. He could have questioned why is it she gets a pass while those like his son do not.  I am surprised that he would support two people who knowingly abandon Americans in a combat zone and then lied about it.  It was clear his speech was politically driven and not based on principal.  I'm sure his son would have easily dismissed his dad and called his behavior deplorable.  How could anyone in their right mind who had a son in the military take the stage after the dnc disrespected a Medal of Honor recipient. lets be honest Mr. Khan  could have done so much to talk about how it is an honor to live in the U.S. and how a crazy ideology, Islamic fascism took his sons life.

You can watch their interview with Laurence O'Donnel online and see for yourself there's nothing partisan with these people.

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word

Let's see, while he runs for the nominee of the party who's original premise was the abolition of slavery, Trump uses slave labor to build his resort for Arabs in Dubai, and has yet to be disprove that among his primary investors is the Russian mob. One need only to gaze upon the human detritus in his wide wake of people sacrificed in pursuit of his personal wealth to see where his heart lies.

There is NO indication that he will divorce himself of all his business interests and actually put the good of the people first.

Anyone who would vote for Trump is way beyond the typical republican voter tool, who actually drinks the water that the party is for small government and individual rights, while their elected officials do everything possible to bloat bureaucracy (as in the largest bureaucracy and single increase in government in the history of planet earth, the DHS, by President Cheny), create wars to increase the wealth of their arms dealing subsidiaries (think Blackwater and Halliburton) while murdering hundreds of thousands of civilian women and children in the process,  selling our children into slavery to the global corporations, and stripping away every right we have.

Don't get me wrong, the Democrats are not without blame and problems, and if the Republican party was the party of the last great Republican President, Teddy Roosevelt, I would be a Republican!
Of course, reality is not based on what we wish were so, we have a two party system and the right wing side has gone so far into the realm of greed, fear and hate that there may be no way back for them.

I don't care how much you dislike Hillary, and the reality of what our political system requires of one to succeed, this election is so very far from a choice between the lesser of two evils, or a simple pragmatic choice, this is a choice between the pursuit of fascism and the pursuit of democracy.

nielsk said:
Let's see, while he runs for the nominee of the party who's original premise was the abolition of slavery, Trump uses slave labor to build his resort for Arabs in Dubai, and has yet to be disprove that among his primary investors is the Russian mob. One need only to gaze upon the human detritus in his wide wake of people sacrificed in pursuit of his personal wealth to see where his heart lies.
Reportedly there are something like 30Million slaves worldwide (60,000 in the US). Most of these are prostitutes involved in sex trafficking but slave labor is still practiced in Africa and poor nations .  Haiti, Pakistan and India reportedly have more than 1% living in slavery (1% of India is a lot of people).

The Dubai project is being built by Emirati firm DAMAC Properties, with workers paid as little as $200 month.
There is NO indication that he will divorce himself of all his business interests and actually put the good of the people first.
By law he doesn't have to, but his kids pretty much run his business now.
Anyone who would vote for Trump is way beyond the typical republican voter tool, who actually drinks the water that the party is for small government and individual rights, while their elected officials do everything possible to bloat bureaucracy (as in the largest bureaucracy and single increase in government in the history of planet earth, the DHS, by President Cheny), create wars to increase the wealth of their arms dealing subsidiaries (think Blackwater and Halliburton) while murdering hundreds of thousands of civilian women and children in the process,  selling our children into slavery to the global corporations, and stripping away every right we have.
The political elite are invested in keeping the status quo... Trump is the only one of the two who isn't part of the established political elite.
Don't get me wrong, the Democrats are not without blame and problems, and if the Republican party was the party of the last great Republican President, Teddy Roosevelt, I would be a Republican!
Of course, reality is not based on what we wish were so, we have a two party system and the right wing side has gone so far into the realm of greed, fear and hate that there may be no way back for them.

I don't care how much you dislike Hillary, and the reality of what our political system requires of one to succeed, this election is so very far from a choice between the lesser of two evils, or a simple pragmatic choice, this is a choice between the pursuit of fascism and the pursuit of democracy.
Fascism vs democracy... really?  Opinions vary, but very spirited comments. 

JR

:eek:

http://nypost.com/2016/08/01/melania-trumps-girl-on-girl-photos-from-racy-shoot-revealed/

"The Dubai project is being built by Emirati firm DAMAC Properties, with workers paid as little as $200 month"

Typical tactic used by global corporate types to "distance" their hands from getting dirty, the end result is the same.
Indentured servitude IS slavery, no ifs ands buts or maybes.

Anyone who glances away to avoid looking at the direct and indirect results of their actions reslulting in destroying peoples lives should not be a candidate for the leader of the "free world"

But it sure makes for good reality TV viewing!

nielsk said:
"The Dubai project is being built by Emirati firm DAMAC Properties, with workers paid as little as $200 month"

Typical tactic used by global corporate types to "distance" their hands from getting dirty, the end result is the same.
Indentured servitude IS slavery, no ifs ands buts or maybes.

Anyone who glances away to avoid looking at the direct and indirect results of their actions reslulting in destroying peoples lives should not be a candidate for the leader of the "free world"

But it sure makes for good reality TV viewing!
As I posted there are some 30 million people living in what is termed modern slavery (60,000 in the US).

I'd say we are all somewhat culpable for not eliminating all traces of slavery in the world.

It is on the list but below stopping  people from killing each other.
======
I dislike being an apologist for the Donald... he stirs up so much Sh_-

usa-election_trump-emirates-2.jpg

Those broken letters on the ground used to say Trump.

Trump basically licenses use of his name to other businesses. His anti-muslim rhetoric has angered several of those foreign business partners. While he didn't personally employ those workers in Dubai, he should be more careful about what he attaches his brand to. It looks like he has damaged his brand already in the muslim world.

JR

As the average Indian and Pakistani wage is $1500pa and that of Bangladesh $1300, you can see why $2400 looks like a good deal to them.  It will be the people earning the lower end of that average who will have gone to that project I guess.

Obviously, I think it's bad but that's the law of supply and demand in action.  If south asian countries had western birthrates there would be no surplus labour in the market and wages would rise.

DaveP

I dislike being an apologist for the Donald... he stirs up so much Sh_-
+1 on that.

You can see the logic of some of what he does, but attacking the Muslim family  from the DNC was just plain stupid.

There are some battles you can't win and it's better just to take the hit and shrug it off.

I have a question:  What will be the make up of the senate and congress for the new president?

I guess this will be the restraining factor on any new incumbent.  It's bound to moderate any wild ideas and promises.

DaveP

Thirty years of continual smears from the Right Wing Noise Machine will do that.
Ah the old right wing conspiracy.  ;D

The effect of the media (or lack there of) is pretty fascinating these days. It's changed so quickly in the past few decades. More diverse sources of content. Tailored to one's particular viewpoint. The news one person sees / hears can be nothing like the news another person sees / hears.

Most days I try to get a balanced perspective, whatever that means. Not just of the news (facts) but the media slants. So I spend real time reading NYT & WSJ, which I subscribe to -  then take a look at cnn, foxnews for the headlines they are pushing - and then finally glance at the more partisan aggregate news sites (i.e. drudge report, etc...) to try to see the outliers. But still, I can't make sense of the trump phenomenon.

So I was driving this weekend and spent about 30 mins listening to right wing talk radio - Rush Limbaugh. And boy, was it illuminating. He was ranting the whole time about Hillary's Convention speech. Things like: "she proceeded to celebrate the birth of America, and then proceeded to abort it. " Powerful incendiary language. 
I wouldn't use the word conspiracy  -  I would call it expert propaganda.

DaveP said:

As the average Indian and Pakistani wage is $1500pa and that of Bangladesh $1300, you can see why $2400 looks like a good deal to them.  It will be the people earning the lower end of that average who will have gone to that project I guess.
Apparently many still manage to send money back home from that meager stipend. Apparently the low price of oil these days is cutting the cash flow back into the poorer nations these migrant workers come from.

Of course there is a full range of situations with some having their passports taken away, young women from poor countries participating in arranged marriages only to be turned into sex slaves or prostitutes.
Obviously, I think it's bad but that's the law of supply and demand in action.  If south asian countries had western birthrates there would be no surplus labour in the market and wages would rise.

DaveP
I don't follow the math on that. Many really poor cultures try to have lots of kids so enough will survive to take care them in old age.

China recently reversed their one child policy because of perverse demographics. Since parents wanted sons preferentially over daughters there are not enough women to go around. As china gets wealthier they will resemble other western patterns.

Many western countries desperately need more young workers to supplant an aging workforce.

JR

DaveP said:
I have a question:  What will be the make up of the senate and congress for the new president?

I guess this will be the restraining factor on any new incumbent.  It's bound to moderate any wild ideas and promises.

DaveP

It's hard to tell at this point. There are lots of news cycles between now and Nov and every day seems to bring new surprises.

I don't want either Trump or Hillary to have a super majority in the senate. I don't often get what I want when it comes to elections.

If either side wins in a huge landslide, the coattails from that will likely pick up seats in the house and senate for the big winner. 

JR 

pucho812 said:

I guess you're missing the whole "Muslim" thing then.

These so called "jobs" are NOT jobs, this is a classic case of indentured servitude, where people are promised jobs only to find when they land in a country far from home that they owe a huge amount of debit  to their "employers" for the privilege of being transported and working for wages that are not enough to live on.  If they don't like it they can spend some time in a Draconian prison contemplating their options...
While I am sure no one here would wish this on anyone, I have yet to see any proof of anyone living off $200 a month in Dubai while trying to pay off their "debt" and being able to any send money home.
The attitude of "well, that's just the way things are done over there" is one of the REAL reasons that it is such a challenge to make this world a better place.

There must be lawyers out there who will argue contrary, but if putting ones own name on an enterprise does not directly associate one with that enterprise, what does?

mattiasNYC said:
pucho812 said:

I guess you're missing the whole "Muslim" thing then.

Oh I'm sorry was I supposed to be at trump? I don't think there was anything to be mad at. I was not surprised by anything trump said but was more surprised a person would be the pawn of the DNC until you read about how they are all connected and in bed with one another.

I'm not sure if you're being facetious or what, but my point was simply that regardless of whether or not the couple ended up supporting the Democrats, there are two points that remain:

1) Muslims serve in the US military, and alienating Muslims that serve can't possibly be a good thing in any way....

2) Trump's rhetoric is straight up dangerous, and by pointing out that Muslims not only serve in the US military, but that some that don't, like these parents, suffer the sacrifice of their son having served.

More than serving the Democrats they stand to gain from the statements they made about Trump, not because they'd be Democrats themselves, but by virtue of belonging to the group Trump wants to discriminate against and currently vilifying.

Latest posts

Back