Trump says he would like to 'hit' DNC speakers who disparaged him

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tax revenue at the higher and highest income and wealth brackets are and have been too low for decates now.  And a lot of that government spending has not been economic stimulus but gone to war contractors and the like. Obama's stimulus has helped the US economy tremendeously, countries that reacted to the recession with austerity look much worse.

We had this discussion before, obviously.  8)

I think there has been a "debt race" between countries like the old arms races.

Think about Roosevelt's new deal, the government borrowed to put the unemployed to work on infra structure projects.  This put money into the economy and it spiraled up out of recession.  Other countries followed suit , by investing in infra structure by borrowing.  The days of the 1930's recession are long past, we don't have a starving underclass anymore, even refugees have smartphones nowadays.  I had relatives who were told to sell their furniture before they could get government help back in the 30's.

I wonder whether continual growth is a possibility when a nation reaches a certain level of prosperity.  In the UK they can't persuade the unemployed to work picking fruit and vegetables on the farms, they have to import eastern europeans to do that kind of work.  In the end, when you have sufficient food and shelter and gadgets , what incentive is there to work harder, and thereby grow the economy?

There is always inequality of course and I'm not making any judgements here, but I'm just putting forward a theory about why growth is lower nowadays.  A similar analogy is boxing, it used to be that they came from the poorest sections of society where the incentives and possibilities were enormous, in the UK that type of entry to the sport has largely disappeared.

DaveP

mattiasNYC said:
So if we thought that "Axis of evil" was bad......

Seriously, anyone voting for this muppet needs to have their head examined.

obviously 1+

but, isnt funny, no one ever commented on this !

and people still defending Trump in any way they can ;D ;D ;D ;D

DaveP said:
I think there has been a "debt race" between countries like the old arms races.

Think about Roosevelt's new deal, the government borrowed to put the unemployed to work on infra structure projects.  This put money into the economy and it spiraled up out of recession.  Other countries followed suit , by investing in infra structure by borrowing.  The days of the 1930's recession are long past, we don't have a starving underclass anymore, even refugees have smartphones nowadays.  I had relatives who were told to sell their furniture before they could get government help back in the 30's.
cough....  from history.com.  "Though the relief and reform measures put into place by President Franklin D. Roosevelt helped lessen the worst effects of the Great Depression in the 1930s, the economy would not fully turn around until after 1939, when World War II kicked American industry into high gear." 
http://www.history.com/topics/great-depression

I do not advocate wars to grow the economy but back then WWII it helped the US economy recover.

I wonder whether continual growth is a possibility when a nation reaches a certain level of prosperity.  In the UK they can't persuade the unemployed to work picking fruit and vegetables on the farms, they have to import eastern europeans to do that kind of work.  In the end, when you have sufficient food and shelter and gadgets , what incentive is there to work harder, and thereby grow the economy?
I buy frozen salmon that is caught wild off Ak and shipped to china for processing before shipping the fish back here.
There is always inequality of course and I'm not making any judgements here, but I'm just putting forward a theory about why growth is lower nowadays.  A similar analogy is boxing, it used to be that they came from the poorest sections of society where the incentives and possibilities were enormous, in the UK that type of entry to the sport has largely disappeared.

DaveP
As i've already offered,  GDP growth has been slowing for decades for sundry reasons (globalization, productivity, business investment, demographics, etc.) . 

Friction from government "helping"  is making it slow even more. 

Government needs to do no (more) harm to the economy.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Government needs to do no (more) harm to the economy.

JR

oh really... ( i am with you btw , dont rub it on the wrong way)

do you think Government doing any harm to economy to punish you!!!! ?
NO!
we all need the economy!
we all need schools!
we all need better and better every single  day...
thats our nature....

we also need better guns too ! right !!!!
NOT FOR PUBLIC but for US ARMY ONLY!

just because you have 200 years old gun laws...
WHY DO U NEED TO CARRY OPEN ASSAULT RIFLE IN PUBLIC ????
THIS IS JUST PURE STUPID>>>>>>>

and if u are voting for Trump, go get ur skull checked, c if there is any jelly that called brain left in there !

kambo said:
and if u are voting for Trump, go get ur skull checked, c if there is any jelly that called brain left in there !

ah yes here it comes,  the guilting and shaming because anyone might actually vote for someone other then clinton.  I have no desire to vote for trump however Clinton is as bad if not worse for the country, has a shitty record and that is putting it nicely.  I can't fathom why anyone  with all that we know  about her would actually want to vote for her.
Third party  seems to be the only answer.

pucho812 said:
kambo said:

ah yes here it comes,  the guilting and shaming because anyone might actually vote for someone other then clinton.  I have no desire to vote for trump however Clinton is as bad if not worse for the country, has a sh*tty record and that is putting it nicely.  I can't fathom why anyone  with all that we know  about her would actually want to vote for her.

i never said anyone should vote for Clinton,
and why would i support Clinton  ::)

edit:
but someone should make some changes on GUN LAWS and most other things....
we are not living in WILD WILD WEST anymore... economics should not be depended on Trump like people!
if u think there is a third party who can make those changes,
my family will vote for this third party... better hurry.... not many days left!

changes on gun laws? more or less? Satistics  are 8 out of 10 crimes committed with a fire arm,  the perpetrator was not a lawful gun owner but rather in illegal possession of a weapon that belonged to someone else.

pucho812 said:
ah yes here it comes,  the guilting and shaming because anyone might actually vote for someone other then clinton. 

No, because

a) Trump is worse, and
b) Trump sucks and can't be trusted

If there was a better candidate I'm sure people would have absolutely no problem supporting people voting for that candidate. It shows that you haven't been paying attention other than to very biased sources, because Hillary really isn't all that popular. That people are voting for her really says a lot more about Trump than it does about her.

pucho812 said:
I have no desire to vote for trump however Clinton is as bad if not worse for the country, has a sh*tty record and that is putting it nicely.  I can't fathom why anyone  with all that we know  about her would actually want to vote for her.

Can you even formulate what Trump's policies would be? Try it. I bet I can find sources for him speaking out of both sides of his ugly mouth on any given issue. That narcissist sociopath bullshitter can't be trusted.

pucho812 said:
changes on gun laws? more or less? Satistics  are 8 out of 10 crimes committed with a fire arm,  the perpetrator was not a lawful gun owner but rather in illegal possession of a weapon that belonged to someone else.

may be in middle of nowhere in US, where they did the statistics on 10 crimes!
very good way of twisting the reality...
i am sure all those guns were illegally imported from Mexico too!

of course hilary is not that popular that's why so many were walking out of the DNC when she was getting nominated.

Gun satistics  are on the FBI website. what else can I tell you it's their numbers,

pucho812 said:
of course hilary is not that popular that's why so many were walking out of the DNC when she was getting nominated.

Gun satistics  are on the FBI website. what else can I tell you it's their numbers,

almost 100 % of gun related crimes in UK is committed by illegal guns...
WHY,
because u cant own a gun...

you are looking at wong statistical data.

edit : how many ? hahah handful of it !

in US history,
almost all mass killing were with LEGAL GUN OWNERS!

twisting reality is very easy with statistical data... u need to know what to look for,  and how to read the data...

let me put it this way :

lets say there are 100 bank robbery with illegal guns committed by illegal immigrants ..
40 committed by US citizens...  hardly anyone got hurt in either. lets say min casualties!

and there we 10 mass killings with legal guns.... many died... 100+

u do the math.. its easy... but,
it depends how u wanna show the data to public....

do you remember the bank robbery back in days, with armed 2 man, with "bullet proof dresses"
with STEEL bullet heads they collected over the years from the ebay !
their bullets were going through 2 cars!
that was an extremely heavy crime... if i remember correctly, no was dead... ( except the robbers)
if u put that in to same crime data, your statistical data will eat them up...

statistical data is not that easy.... i doubt any one at FBI has a masters of statistics...

your little 5 years old kid can do statistics with the given data....

but thats not the reality!

oh, btw,
if u are including Chicago gang killing to your un_properly managed statistical data...
ur peaks gonna hit the roof... where all guns supplied illegally by white man to African Americans!

we are not talking about the uk and I also didn't say 100% of anything...

But I see where your stance is at...  I also see how you seem to think it works in places like chicago's south side and elsewhere. 

nice to hear all them talking points coming out at once, I could have sworn i was watching MSNBC.

kambo said:
Personal ad hominum is not acceptable here.
=====
Opinions vary.

I could make a similar comment about all the voters apparently comfortable with ignoring Hillary Clinton's sundry misadventures, but personal ad hominum is not acceptable here..(jelly?)

Lets try to stick to facts and policy....

I'm a big boy and can take it, but don't want to open the door to personal attacks, that just result in more in kind responses that then escalate. I remember how political discussions used to go here years ago. It wasn't pretty or informative, lots of heat but not much light.

JR

ooops, that was meant to be a joke  :)
i didnt mean to insult anyone who is voting for Trump at all. 
some of my very good friends are going to vote for Trump, we make this same joke to each_other!
but, i understand how it sounds in written forum!

i am not happy with Clinton either... Bernie Sanders was my choice. but its what its!

Trump responds to crying baby

you have to watch the whole thing.... big bang is at the end  ;D ;D ;D

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/03/opinions/mothers-and-trump-opinion-rowe/index.html

edit: i dont agree with CNN's headline btw!

Back