AKM-78 UPDATE!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Al, this will be the first time you get asked a question that you will be asked 100 more times....

So, are you planning on selling any of theose capsules? :grin:

:oops:
The same question as Emperor-TK... If you must get rid of them i sacrify myself for one or two... :green:

Remi G.

[quote author="Emperor-TK"]are you planning on selling any of theose capsules?[/quote]

Yes, but not yet. I still have to work some things out...

Peace,
Al.

How soon for the first build with all the parts? Looks good I like the connector you used for the microphone. I used the same one with the 800 type build.

I am still looking for voltage ratings of the 7 pin XLR.

The 6 pin in your picture might be rated at 300VDC IIRC.

The 8 pin version is rated at 160VDC IIRC

[quote author="Gus"]How soon for the first build with all the parts?[/quote]

I'm going to start working on it this weekend. I expect to have everything more or less ready by the end of next week. Then I want to do another one so I can run two mics with different capsules at the same time and compare the results...

I have three Tenlux capsules I want to test: a regular edge terminated capsule, a center terminated capsule, and an edge-terminated one that has backplates for center termination (weird one, I know.)

[quote author="Gus"]The 6 pin in your picture might be rated at 300VDC IIRC.[/quote]

It's actually 7 pins. And yes, it's rated at 300VDC.

Peace,
Al.

OK, so after a long phone conversation with Gus last night (thanks again for the call, Gus!) I got really excited to finish this thing and I've been up since 7AM working on it... It's looking good and should be ready in a couple of hours!

Peace,
Al.

It's done! IT'S DONE!!!

... Almost. I still have to put a grill around it, but IT WORKS!!! I'm so excited! I even recorded a little sound clip to share with you guys, but bear in mind that the mic has no grill and was sitting horizontally on a vise 2 inches from a nice, hard, reflective table. In other words, don't go judging the quality of the thing from this sound clip - I'll post some real samples later on.

Ready?

It's coming...

Clicky!

Peace,
Al.

Argh! I'm having the hardest fucking time making the grill... It may be a little longer before it's finished, since I have to go visit the in-laws...

I'll keep you all posted.

Peace,
Al.

You were nearby a heart attack, right?
:grin:
From what i hear from this first shot it sounds pretty neat, waiting for a later soundclip...
I noticed a deep hum in there, 50Hz?

Kind regards

Martin

[quote author="smallbutfine"]
I noticed a deep hum in there, 50Hz?
[/quote]

Yup, 60Hz. Like I said, there's no grill yet.

Peace,
Al.

Latest posts

Back