Help!: Juno 106 audiable clicks/pops on chorus

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowbird

I bought a juno 106 and when I turn the chorus on in either modes it makes a bit of noise and pops at intervals, even when no notes are pressed. Has anyone experienced this before? If I posted a schemo could someone give me an idea of where the chorus is located and what I could do to fix the problem? Thanks!

back when I had my 106 I would just lower the gain on the VCA and that would help a lot. Mine was not so bad though - it was the vca chips that caused its demise.

as we all know, the 106 is a very troubled synth - thats ultimately why I sold mine. After replacing the second voice I decided to abandon ship while the thing was still working.

it makes me so mad. I love my juno! I'll try to find a chem of the "jack board" your talking about.

Hi,

Service manual with schematics and PCB is here.
Chorus is very simple, mainly managed by two BBD (Bucket Brigade Devices) analog chipset MN3001 and MN3009; these chips are fitted in Roland & Boss analog chorus racks and stompboxes, and in other brand gear.
You may try to locate wich channel is wrong, as this chorus is stereo, it's very easy to check, left or right channel.
After that, I think you have to adjust the BIAS with VR1 or VR2, check the LFO modulation (TP3 or TP4), Vbe of each transistor....
Finally if it's still don't work, maybe you have to change MN300x. Not very cheap chips...

Good luck.

Robert.

Back