ssl parts list

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no worries greg. I didnt think they were suppose to be 1/2 watts when I lookst at the current ratings of the power transformer its all good ! :wink:

> err what was wrong with my parts list ? I used Excel...

eXceL is very verbose and stupid.

Interestingly, if I copy from the page and paste into eXceL, I do get a usable spreadsheet.

> It was supposed to print even from the web.

Try printing it:
http://recording.org/users/kev/ssl_parts&pricing.htm

It runs off the side of 8.5" paper. It is worse if you call it from Jakob's site because of the side-frame:
SSLprint.gif

Turns out it will print (as two pages) if I turn the paper Landscape and print across the 11" dimension.

[quote author="PRR"] Try printing it: [/quote]

mmm ?
works fine from both of my computers ...

Could be a resolution and/or web browser ... and perhaps even paper size kind of thing.
sorry :roll: I shouldn't forget that many people don't use A4 paper.

Must have a re-think of how to do this in the future. The Green-Pre is probably better as I decided to not go with the dual colum approach.

thanks Paul for the feedback.
... and the Gyraf logo looks cool but as you said the side frame does upset things.
Another alternative is to put these to a PDF file ...

any thoughts ?

Thanks all who provided those downloadable lists (and that's apart from jakob of course, for making the design available).

Unsurprisingly, list really convenient instead of handing over a handscribbled note with my order.

Peter

Thanks all who provided those downloadable lists (and that's apart from jakob of course, for making the design available).

Unsurprisingly, list really convenient instead of handing over a handscribbled note with my order.

Peter

Peter

Peter

Thanks all who provided those downloadable lists (and that's apart from Jakob of course for making the design available).

Peter

[quote author="gyraf"]
What do you say, Kev - could that be used in stead of ...
[/quote]

YEP

do it

I'll re-org and have a few things like this at the new place but the more I can dismantle stuff at the old place will probably make more people happy.

Still looking for the best presentation for all this stuff. The Green seems the best way - single column.

Hi,

Came across some minor stuff when populating the SSL-boards. I figure this is the most suited thread of all the SSL ones to post in :

I used Gregs list, thought I'd pass on a few details for future users of it:

180k & 220k: both quantity needed '1'.

About the latest SSL-schematic & PCB-layout:

The 1k across the 5534 in the DBX202 emulation box is marked '*" on the PCB. Something special here ? Or just a leftover from previous versions ?

Difference between schematic & PCB for the 470/10k resistors in the non-inverting input of the last 5532-half (the ones providing the negative output polarity).
As I take it these 470/10k are there to 'equalize' the influence on offset of the biascurrents of that last opamp. So looking at that stage alone 5k seems to be the one, but then this all won't be critical since there's AC-coupling following. And my PCBs aren't up & running yet, so I'm basing this on the paper schematic for now, not measurements.

Bye,

Peter

BTW, I'm sure you don't take the above as nitpicking. Just stumbled on them, so wanted to help to iron out the last few details to take this project from 200 to 205% perfect :wink:
And please skip when if those points were already known.

Peter,

#2 - The *1K's are just left-over notes to myself from the PCB design process. They should simply be 1K's

#3 - The non-inverting input grounding resistors makes no difference at all. Tried both values, both works fine. But yes, 4K7 would be the simplest value here.

Jakob E.

Nice parts list, Greg! Thank you!

Do you have any other parts lists you might consider sharing?

Dean

[quote author="deanp920"]Nice parts list, Greg! Thank you!

Do you have any other parts lists you might consider sharing?

Dean[/quote]

I also have a parts list for the 1176 clone in a similar style; however, I want to stress that I have not ordered these parts or completed the build. But I did take my time with this list so I think everything is correct. A couple things have come up financially so I had to put the 1176 on hold. But you're welcome to use the parts list I've made and give me feedback if you find any problems or perhaps better parts to use. I've also started a parts list for the G9 tube pre but it's still a work in progress.

Just let me know and I can provide the link.

Also, I can provide anyone who is interested with the actual Excel file, so small modifications can to be made, and the total will automatically update. If you stick with the format I've used, and adjust prices and things, you can make one for your specific SSL.

And thanks to those who have left feedback on my parts list. I'll make the updates, up the revision, and repost the link.

Just wanted to let anyone know who is interested that I updated the incorrect resistor quantities and added descriptions for the type of electrolytic caps used.

The link is the same:
http://members.cox.net/capstanrecording/SSLCloneParts.pdf

...maybe a stupid question...you mention a meter from Behringer Tube series. Wich one is that? I have a tube comp and eq wich I'm goin to throw away...but maybe i can use some parts???

Morten

There's a good chance that you can use parts from those: powersupplies, meters, and boxes with connectors (just cut out a new front plate - saves a lot of mechanical work)

Jakob E.

Latest posts

Back