Newbies first DIY project finished

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Nice! Black gate, solens and a polystryene nice parts. I think the leakage of the plastic of the connector leaks off some of the charge and signal. I like the work on the DIY capsule. I think Chris has a great idea with using the grills from the stock china microphones.

this is another GREAT example of DIY! :thumb:

enjoy using it too :green:

good luck on future projects,

Tony dB

[quote author="Emperor-TK"]I?d like to thank Jakob E., Gus Smalley...[/quote]Oh, hanging out with Gus, huh? Boy! You're just asking for trouble! :wink:

Good job, BTW. :thumb:

:shock:

i ignore that put a connector
between the capsule and the circuit
could have an effect into the sound ?!

what kind of effect ? less gain ? less dynamique ?

thanks

I would venture to guess that if capacitance is the issue with the connector, it would roll off the high end or effect the "air" on the top. Im just guessing though.

dave

ok

so the only issue when we build a mic
is to soldering the capsule

i plan to use a connector like the connector
for the PC power, and reset leds... it's ok ?

If you want to use connectors between the capsule and the tube, you need to be sure that it is VERY high impedance isolating. I would not use any standard type, as even the smallest leakage current will induce noise.

Look at e.g. how the connectors for U47 and U87 are isolated..

Better to use direct soldering here, I think.

Jakob E.

Sonically, my experience was that the mic sounded more open and detailed with a direct capsule connection. The connector seemed to veil the sound a bit. Maybe it was my imagination. I certainly fall victim to hearing what I expect to hear from time to time. However, in this case I didn't expect to hear any difference, so I might eliminate the psyco factor.

If I ever try this again, I'm going to look for some gold plated connectors embedded in PTFE to minimize both contact resistance and capacitance.

-Chris

:?

my g7 (in progress..)

is wire to wire connected

but i have used a plastic dil connector
with 11 stages
to put the 10 resistors and the 1nF

it's the heart of my design...

So all my resistors are separated by plastik
not by epoxy or bakelite !

can i have problem with noise ??

thanks