g7 mic parts list and schematic and pcb confused?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seavote

i have my parts for the g7 psu. now i'm sourcing the microphone itself and need some clarification on something. the parts list calls for 2 2u2/160 caps, as shown in the schematic. on the pcb layout there is only one 2u2/160v cap and one 220uf/25v. which is correct?
also the component list calls for 1 1u/63v cap as shown on the schematic. the pcb layout as well as gustavs pcb calls for 1u/160v stab.
i've been to the metas and dont see this addressed anywhere. can someone help clear this up?

hey seavote!

welcome to the nothing is ever perfect world of diy! I think at that the 160v supply into the mic circuit schematic is a 2.2u bypass cap (a noise filter of the supply voltage with a cap +v to ground) The 2.2u is shown in the mic schematic. But .... on the actual pcb and its layout drawing this same cap is then drawn as 1u. I went with the 1u choice but I think either would work.

yes i can see that the1u/160v is replacing the second 2u2 cap now that you explained their purpose and i looked back at the schematic.i got confused that there was a 2u2 missing on the pcb layout and a 220uf on the layout that was'nt on the schematic. i just noticed that the 220uf cap is electrolytic and is used as an alternate to the 100 uf lytic in the schematic. this can be confusing to a newbie like myself and i'm thinking this thread may belong in the metas for others new to d.i.y.

i dont mean to piss anyone off. i did read the metas. yours on the g7 and the links in zebras,many times since i started this project. there is one thread that deals with the same sort of confusion but this refers to the psu for the project. if the info is there i'm thinking it might be within a g7 thread not directly addressing this issue.but i do think i've read all or close to all the threads about the g7 and dont remember the issue coming up.

Back