Calculator controllers?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theblackpeacock

I think that it would be interesting to control a hardware device with a trig equation, like with the fruity loops equation controller. I get that this is far- fetched, but if anything knows anything about controlling a microcontroller with some sort of calculator interfaceor about integrating calculators and microcontrollers I would appreciate it a lot.

The Atmel AVR and other modern microcontrollers can do trig math just fine, even in floating point if the part's memory is large enough to hold the math functions library.

Could you be a bit more specific about what you're after ?

JDB.

my HP 48G calculator has IR and a serial port. you can program it to work as a universal TV/VCR remote among other things. it is literally what you are asking for, but perhaps the question needs to be reformed?

mike

im looking for something that would take a parameter and control it accourding to the shape of an editable trig equation, maybe at a variable rate. If anyone's used the fruity formula control vst plugin in fruity loops, I'm basically thinking of a microcontroller version of that.

seems like you would be wanting to output some version of CV and or gate no? I guess you could control envelopes and maybe input this to the external input of a comp/gate. Seems like CV would at least let you move this around to various synth units and some cv controlled effect units.

You might check out some of the synth diy and modular sites.

Kelly

Back