Today.. 31st January 2009

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a young boy I used to be so delighted that I had some centenarians in the family on my father's side.  Besides it being so cool to have a great-grandmother, with those genes I thought...

Then my father died at 77, after a prolonged neuropathy that was intensely painful.  After ineffectual therapies and medications they put him on a morphine drip system and he was gone in less than a day.

So it goes.  However, my mother continues to defy odds based on her own ancestral tendencies and is now 88, with unfortunately quite advanced Alzheimers.

it also happens to be the day i found out i dont know the password for online tax filling, bit my own arse there :-\

Peter,

I have also joined that club that no body wants to be a member of. My father died at 77 from a stomach cancer.

Anyhow. My grandmother (mum's mum) made it to 104. I actually have a picture of my son with her. The age gap was exactly a century.

Still, happy birthday to your dad.

84 is still quite a bit past the statistical average for men
[ mid 70's i believe ]
try raising kids without a litte gpa help !

peter

Somehow if your Dad were still around
I think he would be most proud of you mate.

BTW welcome to the 50s club !!!!!  With
your taste and understanding of API electronics
I thought you were already there !  ;)

GARY

Congrats on making the century mark.

One downside is surely how many friends he must have buried, but that's better than the alternative.

And think of how many women appear younger to him. Pretty much all of them.

JR

Back