Ptownkid

Topic title says it all...been getting all sorts of weird unrelated results in searches.

Mark Burnley

Well,

I had a nightmare once with getting any paint to adhere to a bunch of steel PSU chassis I made. Turned out that the steel I used had been galvanized (i.e. zinc coated) and the paint just ran off, or formed pools. Did a bit of research, and found that industrial equipment manufacturers use a special galvanized steel undercoat primer paint. Managed to find some in spray cans, and all was fine after that.

I'm sure there are other metal coatings/treatments that don't respond well to painting without being pre-treated with a primer.

Some chassis I've used have had a silicone-feel to them as if they have some kind of rust-proofing treatment? Watch out for a light covering of oil too.

This galvanized primer worked a treat for lots of difficult-to-paint surfaces though.

Hope this helps!

Mark
O_O tape is life O_O

Ptownkid

Helps a little. However: I am looking for a coating that will PURPOSELY not let enamel stick to it.

strangeandbouncy

PTFE?

. . . . RUH ROH . . . . .

Mark Burnley

Yep,

Or some silicone or teflon finish that can be spray applied.

...need to look at the stuff they use to prevent graffiti painting on buildings...

Mark
O_O tape is life O_O

Ptownkid

Are they clear?

strangeandbouncy

I have never seen clear PTFE/Teflon, but that does not mean that it doesn't exist. try ICI. They were very helpful last time i needed some PTFE related answers . . . .but that was 27 years ago . . .
. . . . RUH ROH . . . . .