Looking for an opamp between LM4562 and Opa2604 character.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jdbakker said:
lagoausente said:
 mm, C8,C9 aren´t the caps you tell?  100n between + and ground,  - and ground. Are not them? Aswell as C17, C18?

It's not (just) the caps, it's the placement, layout and the routing.

JDB.

Ok, I was reading just now your comments about the pcb layout in the Raphael multichannel AD DA project,
  Regarding the Beis layout, what do you mean?  that should be something to check and consider?  or that you have already seen the layout?  I don´t see that one his web, so I suspect you mean, "that´s something should need to check"...?
    Do you think it´s worth make changes? doesn´t worth? another pcb aside with another circuit, same circuit, other psu..? simply the board is too small? Should a scope be useful? just let it as it is...?

...and while we have the attention of folks much more knowledgeable than myself:
I switch op amps not for tonal change, but because with slower op amps, I hear transients being clipped.
Take the lowly 4558 found in so many stompboxes. Slew rate = 1V/us. To my ear, these things soften pick attack transients and installing even a TL072 will perk this up a bit. I know this isn't a stompbox forum, I'm just using this as an example. I've played with ICs in preamps and mixers, and found this to hold true.
From a well-informed technical point of view, am I just imagining this, or is an imbalance in the circuit causing this?
Thanks in advance for any reply.

rodabod said:
[Dials DIY bullshit police] "Hello? Hi, yep.... Yep, I've got some serious busllshit going on in a thread here. What? Opamps? Yep, it's another opamps thread.... No, they haven't mentioned their favourite caps yet."

jdbakker said:
JD 'FFS' B.

Hah!

I LOVE this forum!
Bruno2000

lagoausente said:
 Well, a whole world inside only opamps behaviour and interaction in the circuits..
 Another shorcut question,  from what slew rate usually are opamps considered "fast opamps".  Aprox.., or just looking at the seller label?

IMO slew rate stopped being an issue for audio opamps since the 553x and TL07x families came out in the '70s(?). For good performance when working around digital circuitry that can generate much higher than audio frequency noise, I suspect gain bandwidth is more important than power bandwidth (slew rate) for maintaining low source impedance.  Also power supply rejection vs frequency now becomes an issue with higher than audio frequency PS noise possible.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
lagoausente said:
 Well, a whole world inside only opamps behaviour and interaction in the circuits..
 Another shorcut question,  from what slew rate usually are opamps considered "fast opamps".  Aprox.., or just looking at the seller label?

IMO slew rate stopped being an issue for audio opamps since the 553x and TL07x families came out in the '70s(?). For good performance when working around digital circuitry that can generate much higher than audio frequency noise, I suspect gain bandwidth is more important than power bandwidth (slew rate) for maintaining low source impedance.  Also power supply rejection vs frequency now becomes an issue with higher than audio frequency PS noise possible.

JR

It´s supposed the AD chip filters all frequency above 20khz that´s present on it´s audio input?  or not?
  If that hi frequency enters in de modulation, it should be present as noise floor in the digital wave? or neither?
  This AD shows much less noise floor than the Mytek, metering on Cubase.

Back