Help Needed Badly.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desperate

Lets be honest.... im not mechanicly inclined an i am stuck in an electronics course for another semster before i can go to a university for wat i really want to do. Point is i have a project. A 10v, 14k omh simple transistor amplifier with a gain of 10. then combine two of these with a gain of 100. i have been workin on this for some time now an im goin insane. i dont know if its the really crappy equipment or me but i cant seem to ever get my designs to work. any help here would be VERY appreciated.

This is really basic stuff for discrete design.

In a simple transistor gain stage obvious problem will be DC biasing the input (base voltage) for valid output operating points. Cascading two stages requires both stages to have valid operating points. It could be as simple as capacitor coupling two 10x stages together. DC coupling will obviously be difficult using the same polarity transistors, but NPN stage followed by PNP or vice versa could be biased up DC coupled.

You need to think about the intrinsic voltage relationship between base and emitter, and how current will flow in a biased up transistor.

Good luck... once you master the basics, all the rest is just cobbling more parts together.

JR

Latest posts

Back