Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Lovely Spam, Wonderful Spam!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  Not really! . . . . have you ever EATEN Spam . . . .

a hangover from WWII, and a childhood nightmare even for my generation! Worst abomination was Spam Fritters, nefarious unmentionable pig-parts pressed with corn, deep-fried in batter . . .

WHY

who knows . . . .

Fair game for the Pythons, Tho!

strangeandbouncy said:
   Worst abomination was Spam Fritters, nefarious unmentionable pig-parts pressed with corn, deep-fried in batter .

Waste not, want not... Lest ye forget, every sperm is sacred. Pigs start as little swimmers too  ;)

Just think -  a generation of Brits with the porcine equivalent of BSE (mad cow) or Scrapie.

And now they are running the country. Well, some of them...

rory_jpg_1609062c.jpg

Oink....

they're even posting in the white market thread now.  i hope they ponied up their $15 first, or ethan is going to be PISSSSSSSSED!!!

SPAM breakfast love sandwich:

Slice spam 1/4" thick. Start frying. Start frying egg with a little paprika and pepper.

Put English muffins in the toaster.
Fry that spam GOOD!

Half slice of provolone on top of the spam till it melts. Little bit of ketchup, yummy yummy!

Riggler,

I appreciate your recipe input, but spam is still spam! As my good friend Gavin keeps saying, you can spray a turd any colour you like, Its still a turd!(hope that didnt put you off . . . . .)

Check out this huge collection of SPAM haiku (SPAM-ku).  Nice tributes to this wondrous pink substance:
http://tinyurl.com/22r2wjn

Cheers.
ZAP

wow you can see the devastating results of spam exposure
in the haiku of many of those poor souls.

i had problems trying to eat armour canned veinna sausage,

spam is why i am afraid to go to hawaii

i find spam sculpture morbidly fascinating.  (only pictures, i would not
see it in real life...)

riggler said:
SPAM breakfast love sandwich:

Slice spam 1/4" thick. Start frying. Start frying egg with a little paprika and pepper.

Put English muffins in the toaster.
Fry that spam GOOD!

Half slice of provolone on top of the spam till it melts. Little bit of ketchup, yummy yummy!

besides the ketchup bit, Yes, yes and yes, wonderful SPAM indeed!

> nefarious unmentionable pig-parts

Uh... SPAM is high on the hog. Just shoulder-meat and gelatin, water and spice.

If served as a Shoulder Roast, with bone and blubber, you'd say "Magnificent!" You think SPAM is "phoney" only because real pigs don't grow so low-fat in rounded-rectangles.

No, what you are thinking of is scrapple.

Riggler has seen it on menus. It is traditional from Philadelphia west to the mountains, and rarely anywhere else. It may be of German origin. It may be why so many Germans went to America: their neighbors forced them out.

You cut your shoulder roast, your bacon, your other big lumps. You chop leftovers and stuff them in guts for sausage. What's left, you sweep up and mix with (maize) corn-meal, press into a loaf. "Good" scrapple has so much fat it never goes bad. Slice it and fry it, call it breakfast. Various toppings are tried to disguise the stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapple

Well, PRR, you are right.

But may I submit the best pork product. (Yes, I've a bit of Pennsylvania Dutch in me.)

porkrollslicedsplash.jpg

That's right, Taylor pork roll. Flavor is just outstanding!

strangeandbouncy said:
nefarious unmentionable pig-parts

since the poor things have to die to quech our hunger, the least we can do is use every single bit of the animal. Since there is little we can do about the fact we are all ravenous carnivores, at least we can honor "the pact" this way.

[edit]

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/4/7/

I have enjoyed Spam once. don't know if I was especially hungry that day, but every other time I've had it, it seemed off.

as far as painting a turd any color, the Mythbusters proved that you can at least POLISH a turd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

Latest posts

Back