Small Bear Electronics (is not actually a) RIPOFF!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Postal issues are slowly becoming worst for all countries, they say 10 days, at the end it's 15 to 20 days etc...
I have a package shipped from US 3 weeks ago, just arrived at the customs, exactlly where i wished the parcel to not land  :(, i'll have all stuff after a month and a half i'm sure.....
Everything is beeing more and more checked, i'll say for Security / Money and a little control...

Just wanted to say I have 10+ transactions with small bear and all of them were flawless.

And shipping things is a nightmare for me. I've moved countries recently which means I make mistakes like dropping a parcel to the wrong box or buing wrong stamps so sometimes it takes ages before my parcels arrive. Just wanted to say that out loud ;)

I will 2nd or 3rd what everyone is saying about USPS and their First Class Mail service. The last few months, these shipments have been taking 4-6 weeks which is insane. But, I don't think the blame can lie fully on the USPS. I think it has just as much to do with the foreign Postal Services and foreign customs. Even normal Priority shipments can sit in foreign customs for well over a week. I just don't think anyone cares especially about a First Class package. Once the package leaves the US, it is really out of the USPS hands directly.

My 2 cents.

Either way, the USPS is still leaps and bounds cheaper than UPS or FedEx for International packages.

Only had good experiences with small bear....

As for for intonational postage.
If you get stuff sent the the uk with standard un-tracked national post services, like USPS the packages never seam to get stopped by customs. Probably to do with Royal Mail being a completely useless, disorganised bunch of C**Ts.
But with UPS, FEDEX etc.. They i always get customs duties.
Delivery time from the USA are generally as stated i find, but Canada is another story.

Yep. Got to add my vote of confidence too.
I've only had good experience with SmallBear.

Speak to Steve on the phone. I'm sure he'd be upset to hear that you are unhappy and will get you sorted out.

Well, I've just placed my first order with Smallbear(USPS) today, so I'll update when the goods arrive.
C

I agree.  It's a bit harsh considering one negative transaction among scores of positive transactions.  The seller offered to resend.  The buyer should've insisted on a tracking number for shipping.  ::)

Hi all, we managed to come to a resolution... still never received any goods however, but at least I have some confidence that this was a one off...

Could the mod please close/rename this thread now as I am satisfied with the outcome and mean no ill will towards SBE

Thanks

frazzman said:
Hi all, we managed to come to a resolution... still never received any goods however, but at least I have some confidence that this was a one off...

Could the mod please close/rename this thread now as I am satisfied with the outcome and mean no ill will towards SBE

Thanks

why don't we magic erase  this thread or something.

chrispbass said:
Well, I've just placed my first order with Smallbear(USPS) today, so I'll update when the goods arrive.
C

Said I would update when my order arrived, well it came through the door yesterday (9th March) after placing order on 25th Feb, so less than 2 weeks to arrive in the UK. Everything in order and no extras to pay  ;)
Very pleased, Small Bear have my vote.

C

Thanks to this thread I learned about small bear electronics. They had some stuff I've been looking for ages. No complaints whatsoever, and my package has tracking.

Back