Replacement Rubber Brake Pads On Reel To Reel?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vikki

Any thoughts on what can i use to replace a couple of reel brake pads on a reel to reel deck, the original ones have gone flat and sticky. They just seem to push on to the brake arms?
Thanks
Vikki(uk) ;D

Vikki said:
Any thoughts on what can i use to replace a couple of reel brake pads on a reel to reel deck, the original ones have gone flat and sticky. They just seem to push on to the brake arms?
Thanks
Vikki(uk) ;D

Hey Vikki,

Just wanted to say glad to see you around. Indeed, it does not seem very many ladies are on the board lately...

In any case, to answer your question, I'd try thick leather (in US they sell it in the craft stores). Piano grade felt might also work. Any piano tuner will have that stuff.

Best, M

A "push-on" could also be replaced with thin-walled rubber surgical tubing.  Any non-stock replacement might need some re-adjustment to compensate for size and friction difference.
Some Hellerman sleeves, although silicon, might be a perfect fit in size 50 or 70.
Mike

Latest posts

Back